Indoor grow op advice needed

Hi
So I need a little friendly advice.

I’m putting together an indoor grow two rooms pretty identical 16 lights (1000W) for flowering in each.
Have a veg room completely separate. Asking for flower room setup advice only.

I’ve grown outdoor for years so the growing aspect I’m not super concerned with it more of lay out plants per light how large to grow plants before flipping what size pots etc.

I’m aware there is no correct answer as there are many ways to skin a cat.
Just looking for some proven methods with 2+lbs per light results.

Thanks everyone!

If you flower with 10 and veg with 6 you can just figure out what half capacity of the flower room is, veg that many at a time then stagger everything by 3 weeks. If working a 6 week strain that’s a cut every month easy even if you fuck up the timing a bit. Cha-ching. But that is personal preference. I like to keep myself busy all the time and make sure there’s something new coming every few weeks.

As far as size goes, I wait until 8-10 branches to top, wait until they’re about knee-height then pop them into 7’s for the rest of their time. Ezpz. You can top it with more branches but i’d go for a bigger pot size if you’re doing that. And of course, if you get it early enough top a 2nd time so you get that nice upward claw structure that allows you win friends and influence people with big fat fuckin nugs

2 Likes

Thanks I just edited my post as to only flower room set up

I have two flower rooms 16 lights each and have a veg room completely separate.

Looking advice for flower room set up

How many plants per light how large of pots people use in theyre own set ups

1 Like

9 per light in 7’s

What is your ceiling hight?
Will you use pots on the ground or trays? What type of lighting will you be using?
Once the fixed variables are known then we can “fit your grow to your room”.
If you have not built or aquired space and you have a complete “clean slate” then we go from there.
Also, consider the strains you want to grow and their structure.

A/C is a big deal. I figure 4k btu per DE light…I use 5 tons per 12 light room.
16 lights is 5.3 T by my conservative math…so maybe 3 5 T units. 1 for Fl1…1 for Fl2 and one shared by V, Fl1, and Fl2.

5 ton ac have DE ceramic lights dimmable
ceiling height 8 foot in one i think 9 in other room currently have 3 gallon pots on ground no fixed or built beds etc essentially a clean slate

Double ended gavida style or cmh ceramic metal halide 315 W
Never heard of ceramic double ended… but I’m sure there are lots of stuff I haven’t heard of.
Just clarifying.

Wow ceramic DEs are a thing. They gotta be awesome. How much heat do they generate?

I think theyre ceramic
like gavitas phantoms etc theyre very standard these days

I need to read about these lights before I can properly discuss your room …DE lights changed the geometry of the grow space, 1 light to 4x4 space became obsolete. I will read and return.

these lights are good for a 4x5 to 5x5 area at 1000w
they are dimmable from 600 to 750 to 1000 to 1150

Your ceiling is low for these lights and means you will want to have a short veg time and grow strains with less stretch. This in turn means more plants per light

I would try 9-12 per light. What is the square feet of the room?

700sqft or so i think we are at 12 plants per light

I use to " light the plants"… Now I “light the room”…gone are dedicated aisles, but this requires lights at 10 ft+… Mine are fixed at 12 and flush mounted… no more yoyos.

1 Like

Dm me and let’s hop on a call and I’ll give you some tips

1 Like

3 rows 25 ft long of 5 lights with 2 ft between rows and two ft on both sides plus 30 inches on each end would be 23x30 or 690sqft.
Does this sound familiar.

12-16 wall mounted fans