Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Nice. I’m def gonna give this a try when everything comes in.

1 Like

I thought because of the fact that our solvent is hydrocarbons not ethanol that the needed heat was lower

The only difference really here is polarity, I believe. I may be oversimplifying though without knowing it.

Maybe @Shadownaught can clear this up

Actually, go for it. I want you to learn for yourself.

7 Likes

Are you staying that you should be passing this through the powders warmer then when you run it through your material?

I’ll be getting some b80 in a few days and I’ll be running an extraction with it placed right before the t-5 just to see what it catches, hopefully that’ll happen this weekend. So far:
Alumina caught pinks and reds
Silica caught tans/yellows
T-5 caught greens
I would like to try to find alternatives to silica and t-5.

1 Like

No, I’m stating to not use carbon.

6 Likes

You’re not going to get around using a “clay” of sorts. There are a lot of similarities between the two

3 Likes

Stop it. Yeah you are bro. You know carbon sucks. Lol. Glad you made it home. Just got home now.

I don’t know why everyone continues to keep making this harder. @Dred_pirate already has shown something that works every time. Last week we really tested the material weight vs the powders needed to get clear white Everytime. I don’t know a run that we ran in 5 days that didn’t come out white. Nug runs and trim runs. Even re-ran material.

Something not expected with the testing we did was that NONE of this has an effect of waxes and lipids. It’s a long story but we pretty much proved this has no effect on those. This is for mostly color.

16 Likes

So do we need to start a thread about adsorbants that remediate fats and lipids?

3 Likes

If i remember correctly that is celite or de

Happy birthday, bruv. Glad you made it safely.

5 Likes

@Dred_pirate I do want to formally apologize, you were right. I was remembering the heat needed to make cannabinoids mobile in butane then ethanol is theoretically less as proof that we would not see a reduction in yield. Even with a small reduction in yield is worth while to make consistent stabld products that will not sugar, to me. Hence why I will be trying this. All in the name of R&D

3 Likes

Care to quote the post that has all of that info laid out :pray:

1 Like

Is this the quote you were looking for?
Happy to have you back @Killa12345
Didnt know it was your bday, but happy birthday!
Glad you had a safe trip!

7 Likes

i guess that is what he was looking for.

Lets make this a bit clearer!!!

So we were running spools with between 4.5-6lbs each run.

STARTING FROM THE BOTTOM:

we used an unweighed amount of DE but Celite 545 is preferred due to the size of the mesh DE is. We did not weigh the DE because the cost was 50# for $10. What we did do was fill the whole bottom filter plate with DE. We hand packed this with a wooded Cut out @bg305 made.

On top of the DE. we used 350g of t5 packed in a 4x4" spool. This was also hand packed.

On top of the T5 in the same 4x4" spool we added 150g of Silica Gel 60. this was also hand packed as well.

Thats it. Not one run with the combos above came out yellow. all clear runs. We also tested this with several 1lb runs as well using the same DE bed, followed by 100g of T5 and 50g of Silica and got the same results.

3 powders only. Nearly perfect results everytime. Lets now move to removing the waxes.

35 Likes

It seems in the edible oils they use a chemical process to remove fatty acids and such before and after the bleaching process, so perhaps its bound to be a seperate process,
Or using oil dri brand select, which is a silicate i believe,
Ive been having good results using a sleeved column packed with dry ice 10 minute soak then regular filtration hardly any fats when i winterize it… not 100% but pretty darn good it might be 100% using these medias as the filter

1 Like

We also saw no difference in using sub zero nitro pushed Solvent and warm pressure assisted solvent. Literally they both came out the same.

We also played with soak rates and found no color change with no soak, 10 and 20 min soak time all in a non jacketed spool. Not once did we add dry ice to the spools.

We also did not see any flow issues. I really couldnt believe how fast the solvent mixture moved threw the powders and the 3 micron filter paper. Especially warm butane. Its was a site to see when its really moving.

13 Likes

Did you notice a return % increase from doing a longer soak?

2 Likes