Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Science…?

That I don’t know.

I believe @shadownaught has had some experience having to explain this… :joy::sweat_smile::rofl:

haha all good brother!

The difference between magnesol and magsil PR is the temperature the respective powders are activated at.
Magsil pr is actiavted at 675°C and magnesol is actiavted at 650°C, the different temperatures makes the adsorption characteristics different probably due to the different pore sizes or increased surface area.

5 Likes

Lol… i was thinking same shit

That’s awesome. So excited to have my filtration media and column arriving in the coming week.

Also, general question here. Are you guys still winterizing before distillation or are you finding that the crude produced with this process is clean enough to go straight to distillation?

1 Like

You will absolutely have to winterize prior to disty.

As far as I am aware Magnesol XL isnt heat activated at all. The temp of activation in MagsilPR is what give it the pesticide remediation properties.

2 Likes

Do you find yourself doing less passes for winterization?

I haven’t taken crude to disty, yet. But @Waxplug1 has, I believe

I’m having the same thing as you. Great results but not able to turn it into shatter. I’m wondering if it’s been dewaxed so well that there isn’t much wax left to give it a more rigid consistency. This Tech might be best for those going to diamonds or cleaning up old material.

Is this from new material or old stuff

1 Like

What combination of filter media did use on those run?

1 Like

That latest one was from fresh stuff.

Shadow, are you looking to test the PR capabilities of magsil pr in a column like discussed in this thread? I have some dirty material im about to try this on and would glady do the R and D on it if youre looking for it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yessir! If MSPR yields Cat2 inline lets just say i’d be excited.

3 Likes

From top to bottom
Celite
Activated Alumina
T5
B80
Bleaching clay
Magsil
Celite

I wasn’t sure what to use so I threw it all in there. My next attempt I’m just gonna use celite and B80. The bag of B80 was super cheap if that gets the job done I’ll be pretty happy. I’m gonna order some silica 60 and play with that too.

5 Likes

I ran the same stuff before one came out soupy af one shatter like a mf…only thing i changed was the type of buchner i used…if vacumn is not strong enough ull end up with fine sediment in ur extract or it will come out a soup…all the good stuff will remain adsorbed on the clay and cellite

3 Likes

Regardless of filter pore size?

What are u using?

1 Like

1-3 um over a 5 um sintered disk, only back pressure.