Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Thanks for the help. Everything we have ran through the CRC is trim from last season none of it properly prepared.

The better the trim the better the results. So I the hood stuff ref helps.

Hey canā€™t thank you all enough. I have been doing small runs to try to get this thing dialed in. Finally go something close to clear.
Iā€™ll post a couple or pics.

Ended up using the BĆ¼chner funnel to clean it up using silica 60. Pretty cool to watch it pull the yellows.

I do have a question when I poured off the slabs I thought I smelled a slight sulfur smell. Any idea why? Almost smelled like canned butane. 1st pic trim this is the trim used.

This is the outcome!

Thanks again

2 Likes

Is this your trim, or from another source? Did a non crc batch have the smell?

I ask because I believe you can get that smell if someone uses a Sulphur bomb in their grow area for pest control. Iā€™ve seen that mentioned a few times here.

4 Likes

@Dred_pirate would appreciate your input here to.

Great callā€¦I should have an answer for you sometime tomorrow.

That came from a friend.

Now that you mentioned that I realize none of the other runs came out with any sulfur odors.

1 Like

Did this work for you?

Itā€™s worked for a lot of ppl. Main thing dilute the oil enough or wash extra TANE through to make sure u got it all

1 Like

Iā€™m actually curious if that was it haha. I havenā€™t read of a Sulphur smell coming off of crc before. If itā€™s not the bomb, then Iā€™d have no idea what it is.

you say 10 lbs crude at one time through a 6x12 spool as the media column?
This sounds like you donā€™t have enough of the media powders, try repeating the same experiment with 2-3 lbs of resin and the same column.

3 Likes

So @Curious_minerhooked up some b80. Gonna run it tomorrow. Sat in oven overnight. 1 to 1 expected yield to pow work okay for b80?

1 Like

thaā€™ts what Iā€™ve been using as a standard. I get fairly light yellow with 1:1 powders to expected yield. Last run though I ran a 2:1 ratio and it came out much clearer - only a small hint of yellow. I run really slow through the powders in a 1.5x6 spool with ~20 psi N2 push. Generally just do 20g of B80 to 100g of material lately. Stopped using celite as it made my concentrates look grey.

5 Likes

Were you baking? The grey stuff worries me too. Pretty hopeful the material will run nice on itā€™s own just want to class it up a touch. I have celite in the oven too, tbh Iā€™m just not super comfortable running powders that the disk cant hold back. Its 5 mic and I know there are much smaller bits of b80. Even with my redundancy, depth filter and staging to a low mic filterā€¦

2 Likes

when I was using the celite, I didnā€™t bake it. I used it once from a brand new bag and got the grey and never used it again. I do bake my B80 now before every run though, so baking the celite may prevent the greysā€¦ I just havenā€™t experimented with it.

Iā€™m using the poor mans felt filters below my B80 stack, followed by 2 medium paper filters that sit on top of a 3" 5um sintered disc. I havenā€™t seen anything get past the felt filter yet. My paper is always clean along with the sintered disc, and the collection pot.

4 Likes

yeah i have the rich mans poor man filters i use them all like 10 times cause idk i have high standards.

just got to the lab and the top looks like t41. grey. we scrapping this off? could be the source of the grey no?

1 Like

Deleted, Iā€™m a dummy

If your filter stack is isolated just run oil thru the powders until you see a faint yellow tint in the collection. Run some clean solvent thru the powders to and make sure you get all the cannabinoids out of the powders. Once you close your valves swap out your powders and continue the run keeping an eye on the color in your collection.

Its the b80 not the celiteā€¦ celite looks clean af, like a fresh pile of christinaā€¦

3 Likes

Oh, well I am wrong fer sure then!

Are we getting b80 that isnā€™t all b80? That bag I sent you is from a newer batch.

I havenā€™t done anything with this new batch, but any other time I dried b80, that didnā€™t happen.

@clouds, any gray for you ever?

My oven smells like terps Iā€™m wondering if it just absorbed a bunch of the fumes. Iā€™m gonna scrape it off and send it Tomorrowā€¦

That is weirdā€¦ Is that a blue layer underneath the gray?