Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Are you going to be able to isolate your powders. If not i would go with .5 of each and change them out every run

1 Like

Nvr thought about weighing the powders. Those are very valid points

3 Likes

Weighing the powders before and after also allows you to try to narrow down which is doing the most work from batch to batch and position to position and how you can cross check numbers. @TheDabDoc showed that as he tried to find his missing 137g. Did you ever figure out where it went?

Of course, to really use those numbers you need the weight of everything pretty spot on. Your solvent, material, powders, papers, maybe even your equipment(could be losing oil to your equipment), and probably even a few things Iā€™m overlooking(potency affects weight somehow maybe?). Then you have to consider evaporation, degradation, etc etc somehow affecting weight(most of that might be next to nothing though, Iā€™m not really a master chemist lol)

Of course, I also never considered weighing them after either lol thought thoughā€¦ It might be best to have a total weight for each powder with a filter paper added since some of the powder can get trapped in the paper. Also the thought just occurred that some of the medias are designed to capture the other medias in a sense, which means without a really good separator, media could be displaced into another layer throwing off final calculations.

4 Likes

The t5 and celite together weighed only 2g more Jan when added to the filter. The silica took over 70g and I use mesh screens so thereā€™s no media stuck in them. I have not figured out where that went beside maybe a bit to water weight from the buds(40-50g ish). However Iā€™m still lost on where the other 90g went.

1 Like

There must be some weight of terpines lost as well, both to the powders but more importantly to the beads in the sieve. Fresh weighed beads should probably be used and weighed afterwards as well if your really trying to hunt down losses

2 Likes

About 60% of my recovery is done with no added heat. And Iā€™ve done probably 30 runs on a set of beads before having to change them and Iā€™ve never gotten a terpy enough smell from them to consider that much of an option.

2 Likes

Lol fuuuuuck all that, if i were selling those powders iā€™d have to make a contraption to make filling up bags easier on me.

2 Likes

Has anyone achieved water clear without using t41.

If i remember correctly that was the only way i have.

I use t5 this week and got very pretty yellow but not clear

The runs i did last time i used same everything but t41 instead of t5 and got water clear

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what a teenager living under my roof is for. My kid likes air Jordanā€™s,expensive ass clothes,iPhones,iPads, EarPods. You get the point. The kid is a softy thatā€™s spoiled.

Iā€™m gonna start paying him to bag it all for me. Mask, respirator, gloves and see ya later. Did you know you can still pay a 14 year old $10 a hour to do grunt work and they are happy?

But yeah after the first day I was like fuck this. I donā€™t care what money is involved. The second day I had streamlined it a bit.

Iā€™ll make it more efficient. For now Iā€™m enjoying helping out while making a few bucks.

12 Likes

no de or celite @Killa12345 from what i gathered i didnā€™t think people were using it and still getting clear results. is it needed to keep the powders from entering the recovery pot?

@sonicgardens i have 2 filter plates so i could separate one but thatā€™s it. i planned on only keeping these powders for this single run. itā€™s old trim that wasnā€™t handled well but iā€™ve ran without this filter a few days ago i figured iā€™d add a little more since itā€™s such rough trim.

well it appears there is no reason to just crack the ball valve. with the valve wide open i get about 6-10 fast drips happening at a time. itā€™s probably 5-10% of the speed without the filter. I am using 1 cup of each powder so itā€™s a little more than others which could be slowing me down also.

I noticed significant flow rate changes with more powders added. I believe celite on top to grab waxes. And i noticed yellows in celite also

1 Like

And I thought we were using the Celite as a catch filter as well. Who is doing this without Celite or DE?

Without Celite Iā€™d be scared as shit the T5 is passing into my collection.

1 Like

@Killa12345 I followed posts made by @Waxplug1 and @sonicgardens each listed what they used neither mentioned celite.

luckily itā€™s looking super light yellow which is great considering how dark the run without the filter came out.

neither mentioned celite so i didnā€™t get it lol. well ill be ordering some of that next i guess.

2 Likes

oh shit i reread waxplugs it says celite right on it i guess it was just sonic.

1 Like

Iā€™m high as a motherfucker or doesnā€™t @waxplug1 post say all he used was Celite and b80. That means he used Celite. Lol. Or Iā€™m fucking retarded and need to put the rig down

10 Likes

naw itā€™s just me being slow. i have about 100 screenshots and i swear i had 2 pplā€™s process screenshotted that said they didnā€™t use celite and their process was more like sonics. i may be right but wax wasnā€™t it and im not hunting through all these damn screenshots just to find a second person.

1 Like

Its Friday brah! No worries. Im sure the oil with look fire regardless

3 Likes

I have used celite resently, but to achieve clear it is not necessary.
Im starting to think you need t41 in place of t5 for water clear no color.

2 Likes

I dont know how to DM you on here. Follow my personal account. I would love to have you do a CRC for us!!! @Daaaaaacheese on instagram. Also follow @trichone_extracts!!!