Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Alumina and silica both are known to take yield. Use smaller amounts of it and more clay instead

6 Likes

I didn’t realize alumina would grab THCa. I’ve been running about 50g a lb on top of my clay.

I usually see it come out of the column with a nice orange hue to it…so I know its grabbing something.

1 Like

thanks for the info! its greatly appreciated. i didnt weigh my powders before hand but im using about 40 percent clay,30 percent alumina , and 30 percent silica. im going to run more solvent like suggested and drastically lower my silica and alumian , ill be back with the results . thanks again !

1 Like

When running silica and t5 I was using 50g of t5 and 25g of silica per lb of bio mass.

2 Likes

When you say tampon tek, are you referring to polyester filters you cut yourself?

1 Like

Yeah, the Duda Diesel Felt. I use a staging of 5 micron felt on top, a roll about 1" wide of 5 micron, the same for 1 micron under that, and a 1 micron disc over the filter plate. Works great as a depth filter, however I’ve had no need to run media because I extracted what I grew. I felt the depth filtration was enough, and I chose to forgo on the media.

If you go to buy the felt, you can order it off of Amazon. The shipping was dramatically different for me where I’m at going through Amazon

2 Likes

“Powder Chamber” pics. I can’t afford a sintereda disc, so I did this using a regular filter plate, and staging my felt. I figure it works pretty well! (I do this with a 3"spool, and filter plate under, or this hooked up to hold crx or cry.)

Don’t worry I don’t use that clamp in process, and honestly I’ve never hit over 45psi either.

3 Likes

thanks for the tip pickle rick

2 Likes

@Rickthepickle
@FicklePickle
@Picklebreaker69

There’s a few of us. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

You only wanted the tip?

1 Like

Ill give you an iceberg

1 Like

I’m still somewhat confused when you say a roll 1” wide what space are you filling up? A 1.5” spool? How are you securing the 1” roll ?

1 Like

This should help you visualize

Stack that on the filter plate, through the spool junction, and stack powders on top of it. Works as a sintered disc~kind of. I’m just showing you what I’m using with the means that I have.
Process direction holds it down. It’s made to flow through, not hang out in.

3 Likes

So you just roll up material to fill whatever size spool I’m working with? Any idea how much for a 4”
spool?

1 Like

Wrote it right on the paper!
No clue, don’t use 4". You have to buy it by the yard, so you’ll have plenty to play with.

1 Like

Got it I saw that after I replied, thanks for the help👍

1 Like

Any having issues with b80 being a little weaker on the remediation side lately?

Are you baking it out? Could be more moisture causing more crap to elute with the goods

2 Likes

Oh yea baking completely dry and have been just last 2 batches seemed very weak almost doubling my amounts to achieve same results

Any other changes in your extraction process?

1 Like