Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

If I where to filter 8inline on the cls. Could I overfill my tank for added pressure or do I need nitrogen to help it through? How would I make it work on a passive cls that k you

You can use nitro, or you can use what’s been called a hot loop of solvent for the push.

1 Like

You can make as much pressure as your PRV or column will allow (obviously hopefully the former is the limiting factor) by adding heat but usually this is not desirable in the extraction process itself. If you’re using butane to redissolve oil and filter it, the big thing is the saturation pressure/temperature. If the butane is a gas, it will not carry the oil through well. You can add heat on the upstream side to increase pressure but it’s a bit tricky because you’ll be boiling solvent to make that pressure. N2 is certainly easier

1 Like

How do you implement nitro? Do i simply hook the nitro to my butane tank and set the regulator ?

I appreciate any help I no I am.a noob to this

1 Like

This seems like a good place to start:

1 Like

Just keep asking, we like to be cryptic here but nobody wants to see you fail

6 Likes

Essentially yes, you’ll want to hook the nitro tank up to the vapor port of your solvent tank, pressurize to desired psi, close vapor port, then inject solvent into your system. You definitely need pressure relief valves (prv) on all vessels that can be isolated.

The post @SidViscous shared is definitely a good start.

As always, safety first. Read and re-read some more before you try it.

2 Likes

I’ve got more than a few 5gal buckets full of spent medias from when i started doing r&d on this tech about a year and half ago. Bored, I took 200g of spent media and added 500ml Etoh and tossed that on a mag stirring hot plate at 90° or 100°f for 10 to 15min. I let the medias settle and siphboned my solution off the top and sent that to filtration. I then added 200ml of etoh to my flask containing the soaked settled medias. And stirred 2 or 3 min and after settling siphoned and separated, i did one more identical rinse, filtered everything down to 1um. Then put the solution through a roto and was left with 15g of something. Gonna try and get a sample tested and see what we have for target cannabinoids and if it’ll be worth processing to crude to distill.

10 Likes

Thank you for your service.

1 Like

Huh? ?

I think @Hansel means no one has really done what you’re doing and it will be interesting to see what the test shows.

4 Likes

Kinda doing the werk of the lerd, really. :pray:t3::man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

c.r.c…when u know its time to raxk mount is when u use a chair to load the column bc its so tall!

summer time diamondmining…gotta love it. who needs an oven i dont

5 Likes

Be careful of humidity though

If he is using a form of jar tek, then wouldnt the jar have positive pressure? Not allowing any moisture to enter? Just how my mind processes it.

5 Likes

bingo

i know loads ppl fhay have set their miners outside

lids on tight. jar tek works in cabinet or anywhere really. these jars are just experiment aftwr hearing about others doing it too

more worried about neighbirhood cats tryingto play in the box.

just they no warm spot in my houee at moment

btw pics coming just got my lightest run yet off 150g w1 only, and de bed

who wants to donate me their old vac oven!!!

4 Likes

w1 alone got me xlearest almost water wcleanlr

another 50-75g of w1 and i bet id have ghost diamonds

w1 for the win

i sfill havenf tried w2 oe w3…i mke live reain look
i noticedits taking lpnger to cryatalize and ive vent all the solvent off already going for sugar. lookinglike it may diamond as slow as its going

2 Likes

I was too high this morning. I was just thinking about heat in a closed environment in a humid state during the summer. Like for slabs that’d be a no no, but for jars definitely positive pressure or if it cooled unexpectedly the lids would just seal down, but yeah one way.

2 Likes

Is it possible to lose your whole yeild to the media’s that will never come out even if flushed multiple times? The way i’ve operated my crc for the last several months since its a big one was to overfill it so it last multiple runs. Like when i run our FF outdoor, i can run like 35lbs(multiple runs of like 6-8lbs a run until too much color comes through) I do this so as not to have to rebuild the filter throughout the day, just build 1 a day. Now that our indoor production is up to scale im starting to get plenty of the dried smalls/trim. Started out with a 3lb run yesterday of the new material(30 days old) to feel it out since i mainly process FF material. Didnt get shit out of it, maybe like 10g’s of liquidy brown shit that smells incredible doesnt even bubble up like a fresh extract would when exposed to temp. There’s gotta be a minimum of 150-200g’s missing. Flushed it with straight solvent two separate times hoping to push it out. Nothing. Gave up after the second flush and took apart the filter and poured the powders out to inspect…All really loose and powdery still. Was expecting it to be clumpy and shit. Probally ran 60-70lbs of solvent through the filter total.