Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

Blockquote

I would recommend adding some 99.9 iso to the dry ice the chillers struggle under load but they should be fine for chilling columns and recovery tanks but not for the coils

As far as i know, @bg305 is still only running Celite, T5, and Silica. He runs 70/30 and super warm. Creating pressures of 120-140psi.

he runs an insane amount of powders per run as he knows the money will pay out in the end with sales of that white badder. Look at how consistent the colors are. IF im correct. He is running a small amount of DE but like 500g of T5 and 500g of Silica per 6.5lb run.

I think he is getting busy for Kushstock Fest this weekend in Socal! Rumor is he will be there too handing out samples…

8 Likes

My column is jacketed with dry ice/acetone. Am I able to put my tank and coil in dry ice to help my chiller? The guy who taught me said it would mess with chiller up but he was also wrong about a lot of stuff

I don’t have to get to cold my solvent won’t flow. I’m switching to straight n-tane and I’ve read at -50 it gels up and won’t move

Run 7030 n, that moves just fine at -80, straight iso moves fine at that temp also.

Is your material at the same or colder temp before you start moving your tane

I use dryice and acetone to get everything to my desired temp

Im also trying a different powder mix today.
Magnesol
T41
T5
So far its moving slow but clear

2 Likes

Yea my material is frozen then I put in my column with dry ice acetone and soak for an hour. My chiller hovers around -27 and if I soak it’ll boil my acetone. I’ve stopped soaking. I winterized 100gs and pulled 7gs of waxes out. And some stains I’m having issues getting a snap

Also after reading this Extraction & van der Waals Force and seeing my tank pressure at almost 100psi at room temp I’ve decided to switch to straight n-tane

2 Likes

I don’t think 70/30 will move at those temps, not actually that temp, if you are at that temp ur gauge should read zero psj or below…that’s what n2 for

It doesn’t move for me at those temps, creates vacuum

1 Like

All my coils and my tane bottle sit in dryice and acetone, i prepack my materials coulumns and they are in a cooler sitting on dry ice for a hr or more

1 Like

After I cleaned my tank and added fresh solvent my psi was lower than 5 and my column filled was 0

Im actively pushing and pulling, but i usually sit below 0 in my collection pot

3 Likes

Was just saying at those temps it won’t move , other dude was saying issues with it

1 Like

Try isobutane. Has a good vapor pressure for recovery, acts like a blend without having to use one, and it’s the same chemical structure as normal butane. Normal butane has a higher BP and takes a little more time to recover. Takes the mix of solvent changing each run and the inconsistecy that can create over time. Or normal butane, as it’s a perfectly good solvent, too. It’s all personal preference

6 Likes

More media is the answer

100g of t5 per # of dry material
And 50g of silica 60 per # of material

This has given me the best results I’m running cold

25 Likes

Yea, that’s sexy. The media ratio is ideal. If you are feeling fancy, add the same amount of activated alumina as the silica on top. It can take out some tannins, but might lose some stability.

7 Likes

I actually wasn’t able to fit the full 200 grams is silica 60 so I think those missing 50grams would probably get rid of that yellow tint that or it’s tainted from my last runs

1 Like

I should have added, if you have the extra space, I hardly have any spare room too. Right now I’m not using it, either

1 Like

Well its still clear, kinda scary clear atm. Cant tell if there is anything in the pot.

Im running fresh frozen/live. Let it dry for a couple day like someone mentioned to do. Hoping this will work out well.

6 Likes

Alumina can dry your solvent after extracting wet material, just add to top of column and you’re g2g

3 Likes

It will also lower your ph and cause pink oxidation if used with t41.

3 Likes

I’m having issues with some stability on some runs and I’ve read iso picks up more terps so I’m trying n-butane to remove as many variables as I can.