Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

just w1, have you tried it compared to b80?

2 Likes

I have tried it, but just my experience is limited to the sample.

I need to get more and try it with good material to get a true comparison.

But with that said my results were good with w1 as far as color goes, I just can’t speak on the terp retention portion since the material ran with w1 was trash.

Running b80 between .3-.7cups per lb has been my go to for this years outdoor. I have been baking my b80 at 425F with no vac for 4hrs directly prior to run.

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking about using W1 for redissolving some dark stuff as well. But b80 is so much cheaper. Have you personally had decent results with B80 doing something like that?

Imo either one would work for that application.

2 Likes

Injection coil on di, no dewax, straight into 5" of lightly packed UltraClear above 5" of lightly packed W1 in a 6" column, through 1 micron sintered, recovery at 110°F, no bake on media, no freeze on material, running cured indoor trim.

I recommend using a quality prefilter, like a fat catcher, and a “blow out” vessel, which could be the same vessel, for pushing residual liquid from your columns before a heated column recovery phase. B80 works well, but just doesn’t work as a solve all for really any material and I find you can’t get a much use from B80 as you can W1.

6 Likes

2lbs of my friends outdoor jaeger ran with isobutane through .5cups of b80

8 Likes

I like that jarred consistency too. You have to bake your B80 to get that color? Are you dewaxing, flowing directly through crc, or into a storage vessel first?

We prefer running cured trim to get more bang for our buck and honestly I prefer the profiles from cured, but that’s another rant.

Pulling 10-14% we really find sometimes the amount of media we’re using still doesn’t give us the color everyone has come to expect from us, but that’s usually only an issue with the higher end of that spectrum. Of course, quality of material plays a huge role, storage procedure, etc.

1 Like

Yeah I am baking my b80 for 4 hours at 425f no vac. No dewax, just run everything as cold as I can.

1 Like

Baking the b80 is a game changer huh. I find it gives very consistent results

3 Likes

Yes, baking the b80 is night and day.

I have also started pre chilling everything for an extra 20 minutes (Was previously only pre chilling for maybe 10-15), which seems to be making a big difference.

2 Likes

Ok guys I finally got to do a run in my new system! I want to hear everything good and bad about what you see in the pics im going for diamonds so they got poured into jars and straight into the dark.

Anyways i used a bit to much media i would say since i was only able to stuff 4# into that sock. I used 450 grams of crc media with a 3 way split of t5, t41, and silica 60. So 150 grams each. It was my first time ever running crc and im truly grateful to each one of you ive been able to learn from on these forums :pray: I know i have alot of learning to do but id say tonight just got me even more excited to go down this path!

6 Likes

What did you filter your media back out of solution with?

Ok i know this is gonna make some people laugh but what do you mean by filtering my media back out of solution? Im still learning the chemistry lingo bro my bad :laughing: ive been up all night haha

What are you using to filter out the powders?

1 Like

What hot points do you recommend insulating? The hose between my sieve and recovery pump? Running active recovery while my sieve and collection pot are jacketed, also just finished insulating all my cold points and it made a huge difference. Curious if insulating my hot lines would help.

Ive got a 1 micron sintered disc crc kit from @Killa12345 and i had 2 filter papers that were 2.5 micron right above the sintered disk. Thats the only filtering i used.

2 Likes

Just wanted to check because it sounded almost like you packed your media into your filter sock before your material from your first post. :grin:

3.5lbs of this seasons outdoor through 1 cup of b80, isobutane

3 Likes

Edit: Realized I posted these pics already lol

1 Like

Oh man haha no sir! I was worried i wasnt using enough filtration actually but i think it came out good for a first time crc run lol

1 Like