Indofabs C.R.C & BHO Color Remediation Tek

https://www.amazon.com/Micron-Weaved-Stainless-Steel-Filter/dp/B012BPRX4C/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=bt+metal+fabrication&qid=1572025467&sr=8-1

1 Like

Beat me to it lol.

They have a 3" option too I believe.

Yup all the way to 4". I asked about 6" ones, but they said all big extractors scale down to smaller size

what are you guys finding is the best thing to put between the medias? the instructions say 100mm pleated paper filter. not sure what that means

any tips? Is that what you are using these 2 micron steel ones for?

also, the instructions say to load under vacuum. Does having the CRC on top of my honey pot, and pulling vacuum through that, work for loading? Or will powders be coming through the CRC and into the honey pot. a little confused about this.

Thanks

Well test day didn’t go quite as planned… @sonicgardens You run straight from dewax to your CRC? I even put it in a storage vessel to warm it a bit. Orange and yellow seem to be successfully removed but it seems darker than my control slab, or maybe still has some green? No powders passed so I’m happy with that. Cakes also seemed to be all sorts of funky so it definitely pulled pigments. I pre wet the cakes but still had some visible channeling. Kinda disappointed but realize it just may take some dialing in like anything in this wonderful world of dabs.

@krazyjg ya i think the idea is it keeps cakes separate. That means they throw a filter the size of the column between each cake. or at least that is how I understood BVV SOP. Yes always pull you vac downward so if the crc is on the collection pot the basically they’re saying pull the vac from below (the honey pot) not the top

Is anyone doing propane runs with crc? I was able to get a very very clean terpene fraction with very little cannabinoids using propane with crc. It was water clear, and a great replica of the strain, I then ran butane over the clays and got back a 95% thca powder straight out of the collection vessel and this was from trim.

I can’t utilize this so I thought id share the tech, I really hope someone can try it with fresh frozen and report back I have a feeling that its going to be a gift to somebody on here. I can post pics if anyones interested.

16 Likes

Post them my bro. I was running a propane heavy blend.

2 Likes

Post the process and link the pictures, I wanna learn

1 Like

Ok, thank you. What type of filter do you recommend for inside the CDC? Just regular 55 micron kind i use in my filter plates?

Correction: CRC** typo

all cold? Did you warm pre crc? And please remind us the filtration media used

Im dialing in my dewax atm. I might move my crc before my dewax to c if my yields go up.
I had a .45um filter and i think that slowed things down and had over exposure to my powders

1 Like

Yeah should be chill. I know most don’t even fukx with them or swear by mixed cakes. I like the idea of it because digging through the cakes will let you know how effective each layer was. From how I understand it, the idea with chromatography is to always use an excess of powder. When you go through the cakes I think the idea is to have a tiny bit of medium at the bottom that looks like the original and evidence of the filtrate undesirables above that.

Yes I separated mine with 40 something mic SS mesh and one on top of the cake with a coffee filter (approx 20 mic) and compression ring holding her in place

1 Like

Yeah that’s my first layer since like February been rocking that. Never had clogs I use a nb oler fliter as well,

1 Like

Don’t pull vac while loading imo, pointless to pull vac when loading it, once it’s it’s built pull vac from the bottom through your filter to remove atmosphere that’s all that’s necessary don’t pull from the top powdered will come up in your vac hose,

1 Like

Hey guys, i was curious if anyone could shed some light on why my products would be coming out with a greenish hue when i switched to using celite 545 as my filter aid -vs- D.E.

Thanks,
Also that being said i have about 45+lbs of celite for potential sale by the #

Arent you supposed to pull vac from the bottom while packing. Thats how i was i taught to pack a chromatography column

2 Likes

Literally been thinking the same thing all day. Got clogged twice then said fuck it and called it a day. First time using it too… Soooo if anyone wants a 1um 4" for cheap hit me up. Bought it for 265 ill take 200 for da bitch 8==D~~:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Are you using atleast filter paper over it or just loaded powders straight onto the plate?

Will do, so this started when I was trying to separate the terps and cannabinoids and get 2 or more fractions off a run. That made me want to try something more like traditional chromatography by using my different propane/butane blends as my solvent gradient to elute different things at different times through the clays. Going through the clays, your terps come out first, then your cannabinoids come out, then some of the bigger stuff.

I started with -30C 100% propane, and used AA, Silica 60, and Bentonite. 100g/lb on decent trim.

Ran the run like normal and at the end there was a clear liquid on the bottom of collection vessel. Which on a propane run, no muffin is odd, because it’s bp is so low. The oil was room temp it looked exactly like water, wasn’t boiling at all, the smell was better then the bag, it looked exactly like what you get from floraplex on a non cannabis terpene blend.

With the viscosity of it, and bp of propane I wouldn’t be surprised if it came out of the collection vessel almost solvent free. I think it happened because the little propane molecules couldn’t hold on to the cannabinoids through the powders at the temperature only the smaller terps molecules. I wasn’t able to test the terps, I still can, if I pay for it myself.

Knowing I had most of the run caught up in the clays, I went ahead and used a 70/30 butane heavy blend. I rewashed the material again to grab any extra cannabinoids the propane didn’t grab and then sent that over the same clays. I recovered pretty warm because i figured the color wasn’t going to be good.

I was surprised what came out was straight white powder. There were a few parts that had a bit of a styrofoam feel to it i think from the 1% terpenes left in it. I chopped it up vac’d it down and sent to testing to find out it was almost isolate wtih 94.5% total cannabinoids from trim!

Pics will be in the next post. Feel free to shoot me any questions I hope this helps someone I have been wanting to contribute more but am unable to a lot of the time due to NDA’s.

19 Likes

So propane pulls really heavy on the terpenes huh? I’m guessing that’s why it wasnt muffining up right away…
Hows the propane oil look? thanks for sharing the information brother

2 Likes