Indiana-based consultant looking to help local operations

Hey everyone,

I’m usually a lurker on here, but have a recent need to branch out due to relocation. Recently attended the GLG meetup in Kalamazoo. I spent 5 years in Northern California running a small hydrocarbon-based extraction company / brand. Once 2018 came with more regulation, I went to Kentucky with an opportunity to build a hemp extraction facility from the ground up.

I provided them with a 100% biomass to distillate/isolate ethanol extraction process. Along with consultation about harvesting and other small things I’ve picked up along the way. I have experience formulating products, distillation, isolate production, winterization, LLE, color remediation, and basic chromatography. I can help build out / plan a laboratory or facility and if the situation is right I’d consider something long term.

I recently left the hemp operation in Kentucky and relocated to Indiana to be closer to family.

Looking to find those in Indiana looking to do it big and do it first! I can be reached on here or at midwestextractionconsultations@gmail.com
IG - extractconsults

<midwestextractionconsultations@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[108.177.126.27] said: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.

Did you transcribe your email correctly?

I did not… I have never been cool with the long email. Just went with something generic for now. It’s
midwestextractionconsults@gmail.com

For the life of me I can’t find where to edit my OP

Welcome to Indiana! There aren’t many but there are a few of us out here doing our thing.

Myself and @HoosierHill and some others who may or may not be lurkers have small operations going here.

Indiana in-general hasn’t been quite as friendly or receptive to the cannabis industry compared to it’s neighbors, so I think a lot of us tend to keep a low profile. @QGA is pretty active and if my memory serves me, I think he’s based in Indiana too?

1 Like

Small world I’m in Northern California myself. We happen to have about a couple million non-feminized seed. If you know farmers in the Midwest that may want to buy this seed we can send them COAs. We also have some biomass and some boutique bud/flower. I just thought I’d give you a shout Fellow Northern California

1 Like

I do live in indiana but yea the reason not many people do extract hemp is because I do not believe it is legal yet. I do not do any work in Indiana, I just live here and I consult internationally but most in the U.S.

I do not think any local operations are legal yet…

I don’t think the issue is legality, I just think noone has any “real” processing capacity (1000’s of lb/day) up and running in IN yet. Right now there’s a big processing plant going up north in Michigan City and one down south in Jeffersonville, neither of which are operational.

1 Like

When was the first few licenses awarded? Had to be within last 6 months. I know that the hemp council should put a scientist on their committee but they would rather have a bunch of bureaucrats.

This year was the first year for processing licenses I believe. We have one of them which is why I’m not especially worried about the legality of things.

At the state level, politicians are gonna politick. They passed hemp for processing but banned smokable hemp and a couple local businesses had to sue to get that overturned here recently. On the bright side, we’ve got some good lobbyists really pulling for the industry here. Politicians here get excited when you start talking about cash crops for farmers.

That being said I definitely know some farmers who thought they could grow CBD hemp just like their corn and soybeans and ended up with some reeeally bad and seeded biomass. This year is going to be a big wake-up call to a lot of people.

1 Like