Incorporating bump trap in SPD?

Can someone describe how this bumptrap tek works in terms of set up and what the purpose is?

What you are looking for is actually a online flow splitter, also known as a rejection splitter.

Check @anon42519203 older videos he explains and shows exactly how and why it works

Where might I find those videos? Is it only instagram?

1 Like

Thats where i know they are, its adding bump traps instead of a head to remove snall amounts of terps, azulene etc.

2 Likes

With a 24/40 250-500ml flask bump trap you can remove up to cannabinoids… like riiiiight up to it.

2 Likes

What do you mean exactly by remove up to cannabinoids? Sorry, conceptually I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around this whole thing. So basically you use a bumptrap in place of a typical distillation column/head? And this has benefits over a column/head packed with ratchings or some other column packing?

It was a concept used to understand the fraction layers before cannabinoids. I was trying it in order to remove fully heads fraction. It eventually mutated into hot condenser tek

1 Like

Ok, that’s starting to make more sense. So is it just kind of a more modular version of a distillation head that allows for some rejection before the vapor reaches the condenser that you use because of the way you set up your rig? Or is there some other advantage to using it in place of a packed distillation head? Thanks man!

1 Like

It removes azulene better then any column

1 Like

Interesting. What do you attribute that to? Just a feature of the shape and smaller openings?

Its a pervaporation reaction based on the small opening ya. Its not true pervaporation because its not a membrane but the tributes of how its working is akin to low and high pressure along a gradient.

4 Likes