I'm shutting down the forum on Lab Overflow

100% it’s reliant on DIscourse. But I think at the moment it’s closer to its peak than its floor. Just my opinion.

4 Likes

I kinda feel the opposite, niche forums with small communities of regulars seem to survive longer than the big impersonal sites

just look at the PC enthusiast forums, car forums, etc

3 Likes

Its already passed its peak.

@Pdxcanna i guess its up to a few to prove that wrong.

Probably it’s past the first peak… that doesn’t mean there won’t be a new poster or thread that elevates it even further than it is currently. It could rocket towards the ground or go even higher :woman_shrugging:

All I know is there’s still some cache to the future4200 name in the

“community”

3 Likes

Theres a cache of every website ever domained.

L2Website.

Ive read and heard this talk many times before .

Like it cant all go away and be refound.

Keep believing in dreams. The real world awaits.

Where consequences meet fate.

1 Like

this is a good point. I assume @sidco has this place backed up somewhat regularly? if @sidco were to no longer wish to continue the site, would he notify the community and give a proper opportunity for some member or all members to take over control?

2 Likes

I personally see no financial advantage for anyone to join in that.

It will go and without notice.

Hay many would notice bro. What else will I read on the shitter? Where else will people argue for days, weeks even, over fucking blue diamonds or ancient distillation. Discourse, information?.. Naw, dumpster fires are the way.

3 Likes

That is definitely wishfull thinking. I’d keep this place running out of nostalgia.

Totse lasted up until the FBI threatened “Jeff Hunter”, and it still has offshoot forums till this day. Somewhere in guatemala there is a transvestite coffee farmer driving an up armored suv armed with a suppressed mp40 to this very day.

3 Likes

What’s the issue with Discourse ?

I never mess with the serious threads where i dunno what you all are talking about. stay here.

the average weed consumer isnt posting on a forum. are most people who eat mcdonalds posting on a hamburger forum? the way to make money is selling it. not producing it.

i was on overgrow back in the day and rc got busted selling seeds and shut the forum down.

Eh there are many ways that you could seriously further monetize this site+the GLG, mostly in ways that operators would simultaneously hate and not be able to resist the opportunity.

2 Likes

Tell me more.
@SISU

1 Like