Illuminated Isolation Stations!

Hmmmm :no_mouth:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree with this statement anymore!

3 Likes

Can your cooling method be used with ETS MeP30? Can you explain how it works?

1 Like

My understanding is it uses the jackets as an R290 refrigeration system. Columns are the cold side, evaporator is the hot side.

Not sure ets jackets are rated for that trick. They might be, but that is not the norm.

2 Likes

The system features a basket-style fuge with a 100-liter capacity, influenced by design principles used in similar processes by a sister company. It involves a 100L hot tank where a mixture of either distillate or crude with a solvent is prepared. This mixture is then transitioned into a cold tank for slurry formation. The next phase involves the 100L centrifuge, where HTE extraction occurs, followed by solvent recovery in a GD1 unit. The process is cyclic, with transfers between the hot and cold tanks facilitating continuous operation.

Key to the system’s design is the integration of the ProJak thermal control system across the 100L tanks, GD1 wiped film evaporator, and the centrifuge, enhancing energy efficiency.

The centrifuge, designed in CAD and awaiting construction, is not only complex in line with our GD1 wiped film evaporators but also robustly over-engineered. It’s uniquely crafted to handle 100% propane and is specifically reinforced to withstand high G-forces, a critical feature for its operational demands.

To enhance our ProJak thermal control system across various system segments, an ETS upgrade is necessary. Our system utilizes specially designed columns, ensuring they withstand diverse internal and external pressures.

Our thermal control system, currently under two pending patents, is integral to our unique operational approach. This system, coupled with our patented extraction method, doubles as a refrigeration loop due to its inherent design.

Our process mimics a refrigeration cycle, with a key difference: we incorporate an extraction column post-expansion valve. The basin functions as the evaporator, supplemented by several valves to manage pressure. This innovative configuration allows the extraction system to double as a refrigeration system within the biomass. It provides precise control over the heating and cooling of the process solvent and its state (liquid or vapor) within the system. This approach has effectively eliminated Maximum Allowable Quantity (MAQ) limit issues. Our Behemoth model, for instance, uses only 75lbs of solvent to extract 2000lbs of biomass, with approximately 30lbs of solvent recovery required daily. [Patented]

The utility system independently manages all thermal control requirements, directly linked to the process system. Leveraging propane’s properties, it achieves rapid temperature adjustments between +50°C and below -50°C in either direction (heating or cooling). [Patent Pending]

Our current record is maintaining below -100°C, with an objective of reaching -160°C to offer a single-stage refrigeration system capable of true cryogenic temperatures (below -150°C). At such low temperatures, propane approaches a slushy state, given its solidification point at -187°C.

Due to the patent being in its final stages of approval, I am unable to provide extensive details about the workings of the system at this time. This restriction is particularly pertinent as the system incorporates a novel approach to both heating and cooling, which is a critical aspect of the patent.

12 Likes

Do you have a diagram of what you describe above?
Thank you for sharing, and congrats on significantly improving the extraction process. I work with propane and it is interesting how quickly temp and pressure can swing! Shoot me a DM if you are open to chatting more.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, we are discussing two separate systems: the process loop and the utility loop. Our base technology, which is patented, utilizes refrigeration properties within the process loop.

The ProJak represents a distinct, secondary utility loop. This loop operates independently but is connected to the process loop, and it functions without needing the process loop.

7 Likes

Zach,
Can the GD1 be used to crash?
Is the E4k we have going to be able to make crashed isolates at a 500g-1kg/day scale easily?
It has the utility skid i think with 3 multiuse columns.

Will chat with Jeff next week abt it, thinking this may get to you quicker here.

Need u guys within 2 weeks to get this one in socal started/commissioned.

Thanks

1 Like

Technically yes.

That is what our ISS is essentially. Add a site glass and bigger fittings/valves and we hang a couple filter columns on it to catch the THCa from the slurry along with liquid solvent wash-downs and we move the refrigeration over to the jacket instead of running process heat to it.

Can u have jeff get me a quote for the changeover, if were not already set for that.
Can we make it work with the e4k skid and gd1 we got?
My booth wont fit more equipment, at all, no more room on site were tapped out now.
Dont need large volume 1kg a day would be more than enough for next 2 years.

1 Like

Yeah totally, we have a solution for pretty much everything.

1 Like

Is this what you mentioned in the other Thread

What’s the price tag on one of those chillers for a micro scale system like 5lbs?

1 Like

Yes it is our ProJak tech. It has many features.

Currently we only have two skids for this system which we typically use the smaller skid for up to 2 extraction columns plus CRC/multi-use, such as our E4k, E4k Turbo, and E4k Turbo Max. Then we switch over to the larger skid which runs our Behemoth & Manticore models which the largest load so far has been 10x extraction columns + 4x CRC/multi-use.

Depending on what you are after a re-design of your existing system might be more cost effective.

It is best to give a holler to one of our guys at the shop for most recent pricing at Sales@illuminatedextractors.com and someone will get a quote over to you.

2 Likes