Illuminated Extractors x ChemTek Workshop FEB 26-27

Yes. There are a number of ways to apply our thermal control system, including condensation of vapors or solvent pre-chilling with inline heat-exchangers.

5 Likes

Very cool. Are you guys in ft collins? Would love to see it in person? I go through a lot of dry ice and it would be nice to switch it up @Zack_illuminated

5 Likes

I absolutely can NOT wait to see one of those machines! I’ve always wondered why no one was using the evaporative cooling on the machine. I’ve read a bunch, and I’m fucking really really impressed

11 Likes

Yeah we are in Foco… Could likely work something out for a demo of the refrigeration system. Seeing it first hand is absolutely mind blowing.

I first theorized the idea more than 4 years ago with the development of our Behemoth extraction system. It was a fun challenge with unique hurdles, to include maintaining -80c. Now we are pushing the limits even further!

Up next is full automation of our extraction systems and c1d1 rated data tracking!

7 Likes

That would be awesome. I’d love to check it out I’m only like 25 mins away from Foco. Let me know

3 Likes

How did you determine it’s “the fastest recovery system”?

Was there some kind of third-party controlled trial or test to determine this is true?

Or is it just what it sounds like, more marketing BS and big claims with no proof, which you seem to like a lot.

How exactly was this 32Kw measured? Is there third-party confirmation?

The part about low power consumption sounds cool, if true, but I’m surprised no one has asked the all important question: What is the price for the system?

Let me guess, I have to sign up for the $1000 class to find that out the chiller system costs around $100,000?

I see on IG you say “We invented a new method of refrigeration.”

This would be huge for humanity as a whole if true. Refrigeration technology has been pivotal in human development. But when I read other things you say, like it uses a single refrigerant, R290, and a compressor, it makes it sounds like it’s really just standard vapor-compression refrigeration repackaged somehow.

Of all the massive companies with leading scientists working on the topic of efficient refrigeration out there in the world, I’m not saying it’s impossible for you to have cracked the nut, but I’m very highly skeptical.

Whenever I see you post anything about your WFE I immediately think of this gem of a comment from several months ago. I’m still waiting on more explanation about how you think your WFE has more surface area and is “more efficient” than a FFE. You can’t just say stuff like this and then try to let it get swept under the rug and move on to the next claim.

Also, why is a WFE better at removing volatiles (we’re talking butane/propane during recovery) over a FFE? Please explain.

1 Like

LOL I’m glad I caught this other gem from the comments on a recent Xtractorpros post.

Why don’t you tell us more about how you invented hot looping and hold it as one of your “patent pending technologies”?

With all your repeated patent nonsense you really do sound like Indra.

It’s funny how so many people ate up that guy’s patent horseshit and even vehemently defended him against people who called him out on it (probably like what will happen here). Where is he now though?

Haha, the “Thanks for letting us know.” part makes you sound like you really enjoy sniffing your own farts like in that South Park episode.

Or even better, why don’t you explain the infamous HPHE (High pressure hydrocarbon extraction) method you have patented and trademarked as well? Or is that more marketing BS? I don’t even see it mentioned in this post for your class. Come to think about it I don’t hear it mentioned anywhere. It seems like you pumped that idea heavily years ago and then just let it die quietly. Let me guess why…

It really is too bad that people on this forum, which was supposed to be based on the open-sourced knowledge spirit, just eat your marketing claims up without asking for a shred of proof. It’s all “Very cool” and “Next level” but no one has even seen it and they just eat your unsubstantiated claims hook, line and sinker.

Look, I don’t know what you’ve got but I do know you have a history of making BS marketing claims so I’m highly skeptical.

On another note, I really do love how the forum, which started based on open-sourced knowledge and spirit, has very quickly become used to advertise multiple different $1000 per seat per day “classes” to get “insider” knowledge. To top it off the classes are heralded as “great” and “exactly what we need”.

Definitely a different tune being sung than open-source education.

To anyone who is a newbie, be very careful about signing up for these types of classes.

The entire “consultant” and “education” business in cannabis stinks to high heaven IMO. Approach with caution.

1 Like

I just wanna know the pressure zones. I have seen a cmep hit 300 psi on a clogged coil once. Will it heat the system and cool the system? Absolutely. Is it safe? Fucc if I know.

The dynamics of this should be discussed a bit before people start considering hot looping is all that’s happening. This tek is a disaster waiting to happen if done MacGyver style.

You’re asking questions that will be covered in the class more thoroughly. I’ll give you a free ticket to come see it in action if ur interested

20 Likes

There are a few ways this can be done. For one, we took the inlet temperature, outlet temperature, volume moved, and the density of what was moved. This calculation comes in around 32kw on the Behemoth:

But you could also use the volume of solvent in the system and how long it took to get to a set temperature… In this case we are looking at the amount of heat removed from the solvent in Kj/Kg and converting to Kw:

https://fornoob.com/how-do-i-convert-kj-kg-to-kw/

The baseline price is under $100k for both sizes of our thermal control system and is included in the price with our extraction systems. We did not up-charge for the tech.

Yeah, it was not something I expected to work but tried it anyhow. I can see how it has been overlooked so long, in theory it shouldn’t work (so why try?), but in fact there is a way. Patent Pending.

I think this is the 5th time responding to this comment from you…

It is likely the most simple thing to understand. Ever use a short path? Perhaps a lighter on a cold day? Upon shaking the lighter more liquid hits the wall thereby creating more vapor, no different than the stirbar in a spd, upon increasing the speed, more vapors are generated due to the physical action within the system. Without the use of additional physical surface area, more vapor is generated from the minimal surface area touching more liquid.

Why the WFE is better is easy, crude is a thick viscous product that can be easily damaged by heat (decarb). The very moment solvent with crude enters our GD1, it begins to thicken rapidly. The use of a WFE enables a shorter recovery distance with a lower solvent retention than a FFE. Not to mention cleaning clogged tubes is no fun and you might not ever know its clogged because the liquid will take the path of least resistance around it.

Anyone with any real lab experience who has used various forms of recovery knows the WFE is by far the fastest method when properly sized. More solvent is recovered with less residence time than FFE’s.

It is alive and well - a standard part of our operating procedure and will always be a part of our procedure. HPHE™ helps to defeat solvent channeling by forcing solvent into all reaches of the column. Due to HPHE™ we increase the solubility of terpenes and other volatile molecules. With HPHE™ we have zero need for atomization devices as our solvent is self-atomized to the fullest extent. Thanks to HPHE™, we have reduced the amount of consumables needed to run our system; no wasteful nitrogen has ever been purchased by any of our clients ever. Our HPHE™ pending patent tech also solves many other problems experienced in the industry, including MAQ limits.

The class is more focused on our refrigeration tech than the other stuff but it will all be discussed in great detail then.

Simply by saying our marketing claims are BS doesn’t make it so… We have never once lied about our systems and what they can do. Everything we say it can do it does do. Just did a case study on our TCS.

What stinks the most is the amount of misinformation people believe themselves then try to push on others. We have had multiple of these back-and-forth’s and you always go silent after I respond then you pop up on a new post a couple months later screaming the same thing all over again. Shall we discuss superheat some more?

I can back everything up with math and proof of it working. We have multiple units in operation across the country. Some running cannabis, others running hemp. Our Behemoth model’s have each extracted over 100k lbs of bio. There are multiple Behemoths in operation. The tech is real & what I say is true.

This is the primary reason for the class, to simply prove our tech does in fact do everything we say it can do, but also to share with those interested our technologies, and how they help the operator with typical day to day challenges.

If you don’t believe us - then come see it for your self or shut up. These childish games are getting old.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t advise doing it in a standard system. We use special columns that are rated for the conditions they will be experiencing. During the r&d phase I crushed plenty of columns.

We are certified to 350psi but have never taken it that high before. It is plenty hot enough well below that pressure.

All of our systems carry a 50 state PSI engineering peer review.

3 Likes

@Dred_pirate just taught a class entirely revolving around information that can be found for free here, on this forum.

Imagine being mad that some people learn better hands on and are willing to fairly compensate someone like @Dred_pirate for his time to come hold their hand

24 Likes

Over 200 psi? Any breadcrumbs u can give me ? :pray:

4 Likes

Exactly what I was going to say
Almost all of the information is available for free, you just have to read everything and sort through what you want to keep and what not to…
Some people want it all in a neat package, others want to train their workers or whatever…

4 Likes

Plus tremendous amounts of trying before you fully get the results your after. Being fast tracked to better extracts is a huge value.

4 Likes

Curious how high you do take it. I’ve seen yield improvements from higher pressure soaks as well.

2 Likes

Fuck Yes Bro! Good for you!! The ancillary people are going to be pissed! But FUCK them!

Plus, ALL of those people were in production. Literally went home, and made your shit to sell under their label. Which is fucking righteous because you 're teaching the right things! Not just saying shit to sound cool, and bullshit everyone… I know you saw posts on IG, and everything!

There is nothing wrong at all with a Pirate sharing his Booty!

2 Likes

Throw me one. I’ll be in town. I’ll vouch :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Shit I want a free one too! Lol I’m just going for the machine

6 Likes