Illinois Hemp Summit in Springfield Tuesday December 17th 2019

Tickets are about $25. If anyone wants to meet up lets find a place to get together. I would love to eat a horseshoe and grab a beer. Let’s build the Illinois network.

https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/agr/Plants/Pages/Hemp-Summit.aspx

Hope to see you there.

1 Like

Maybe we can start the conversation now. What does the IL market need? Who has hemp? Who has a lab? Who’s making final products? What links can we make?

I’m a processor in the Chicago area. I just opened a lab and I’m looking to start tolling, splitting, purchasing or white labeling. Hemp to crude to distillate to final products. I’ve done it all for the last decade on the THC side. I know I can get things going buying from Western States but I want to get things rolling here in the Illinois industry (and Midwest overall). Long shot but I’m also looking for a Chicago based paper packaging company that can help design custom biodegradable packaging. Let’s build it up!

we are currently in the process of opening a tissue culture and genetics supply company in the southern region to help get top genetics to the farmer this season by offering true to type stable genetics from tissues grown starts.would love to connect with some of the illinois hemp farmers

That’s great to hear. I’ll message you and we can talk at the summit.

Im going there
Really interested in the southern region send tissue culture!
I’ll be wearing a black hat, come introduce yourself

I just now registered to reply to your post. I’ll be there. I have a small hemp patch on my family farm in Southern Illinois, mostly focused on producing feminized seeds, from which I grow plants to sell. My girlfriend will be there with me. She has a processor’s licence, and makes small batches of cbd oil and topical product from my hemp. We’d be happy to meet and network with anyone from this forum.

Definitely. Ill message you next week and we’ll all find a spot to meet up

Cool. So youre breeding new strains?

One new cross, at least. Most of my seed this year is The Wife x T1.

Sounds great. Let’s try to meet up somewhere down there. I’ll post a meetup location on this thread next Monday. Hopefully some place we can get a beer and a buffalo chicken horseshoe (been too long lol).

Hey all, Didn’t see this thread.

I’m in STL, but our family did 35 acres in south-central IL, about 45 min south of Springfield and assisted in another 20 acres right across the river. Yielded low, but produced some beautiful smokeable flowers and the rest is waiting to get processed.

There is a group leasing lab equipment from me for their operations in the same town, but haven’t utilized the equipment in some time, so I’d love to find a new home for it…

I work with all areas of the supply chain but have a great relationship with a large greenhouse that can pop over 4 million starts next season, so I would love to connect with geneticists who may have a use for such.

1 Like

That sounds great. What kind of equipment are you leasing? Is that Illinois biomass for sale or looking for splits?

I DM’d you the equipment list as it was lengthy.

I don’t think they’re looking to do splits, but might consider selling it.
I know someone in IL who was having trouble getting rid of their biomass but it was all over the place with D-9.

we would be interested in that list of equipment available, . also our tc lab could supply 4 mil starts with proper notice if thats was something you would like to discuss

Did you get your tickets already? I just tried to get last minute ones and they are all sold out!

You know anyone that has extras or can’t go???

Call the number on the web page during business hours. I bought a ticket right after they shut down web sales, but idk if they are still available. The guy I dealt with was super nice about everything.

Oh man. I had no idea it could sell out. Keep checking. Or maybe even post at the Illinois Hemp Growers Association Forum. There are a few people from the area on that site that aren’t on here.

MEETUP ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Hey everyone! We’re going to meet up at D’Arcy’s at 7pm. Best horseshoes in the nation. Don’t know what a horseshoe is? Get over to D’Arcy’s and eat one lol. They have good beers too. There’s a room behind the host stand to the left when you walk in. We’ll try to be in there. They don’t take reservations but they have a ton of space. I’ll keep everyone posted if anything changes. I’ll post a pic on this thread when we get there so you know who to look for.

D’Arcy’s Pint.
661 W Stanford Ave
Springfield, IL 62704
Monday December 16th at 7pm.

I hope to see you all there!

I’m located in IL, this event is purely for CBD ?

Yes its only for hemp and cbd.