ILL NYE CBD-D8 Conversion Master SOP

That was a really great sop. Thank you for sharing it. Hopefully it can stop people from making half-assed products. D8 has a lot of potential medically and I’m hoping this can help people make better products. Last year was hilarious when it came to d8.

9 Likes

4 hour reaction, is that not fairly quick ? If this was under anhydrous conditions and you were using an inert gas such as argon wouldn’t this produce a good amount of d9 ? What’s the difference in this case ? The water in the reaction ?

3 Likes

It’s awesome seeing these sops being dropped… I suggest showing coas on your sops as well. Maybe same sample 3 different labs?

2 Likes

NaCl shouldn’t increase the pH of the solution if you’re using canning salt with no caking agent

The caking agent is raising the pH

3 Likes

KCA gunna be busy lol

4 Likes

Thank you Rench :raised_hands:t4:
You nailed it, couldn’t agree more. Δ⁸ is an amazing compound, pretty easy to get to relatively high purity, extremely hard to get to full conversion. :rofl: Hoping this helps individuals make cleaner meds, and would love to see who can make the first high purity 8, NDT 9. That @kcalabs Pegasus trophy is starting to get lonely.

7 Likes

Thank you dude! Absolutely will post some COA’s up soon. We’re back at it trying to make the highest purity 8 with NDT 9 (if possible via chemical reaction). So when we start nailing our highest purities via @kcalabs analysis… will 10000% post them up. Should have some good results by the end of March, early April :call_me_hand:t4: About to open up the first and only F42k/GLG/GLGc lab “Future Compounds”. Expect some of the craziest COA’s in the next 6 months. :raised_hands:t4: We’re going after a ton of crazy projects for the community. And unlike last time we were discussing a specific tech… I won’t have any hinderance as to IP… our work will directly be for the benefit of our community and education via GLGc. About to have a TON of free educational content coming out of the “Future Compounds” Lab. :100:
@Future

24 Likes

4 hours is relatively quick for a standard reflux and reaction. ToSH attacks the CBD relatively quickly, specially in Heptane. Someone more educated in chemistry than I am may be able to express this better. You can even visually see the reaction turn from a yellow (CBD color) to an amber color within minutes of adding in the reagent. It’s actually really cool to watch this conversion on a large scale reactor. During this reaction which is essentially CBD-Δ⁹-Δ⁸… you can do certain methods to “in essence” stop the reaction at a specific point and have higher levels of 9. Not necessarily my point for this SOP, and anyone doing somewhat high Δ⁹ reactions this way is absolutely leaving a decent amount of unknown compounds in the final product. Hence why I don’t want to speak to much on that topic. 1 there’s definitely better suited, chemistry inclined individuals like @Photon_noir who may be able to express this CBD-Δ⁹ occurrence. Unfortunately, many aren’t willing to share methods for that conversion yet due to the high profit yields of that tech if it can be concluded properly. Which I haven’t seen anything over 50-70% 9. So I’ll avoid discussing potential methods that create potentially hazardous unknowns. :call_me_hand:t4: But yes, it can be done, and create “low” levels of 9 (anywhere from 10-70%). Many are working on this tech.

14 Likes

Unfortunately, no. A NDT 9, high purity Δ⁸ (90%+) has not been concluded. This method creates a high purity Δ⁸ “crude” that needs further refinement via distillation. The crude should test anywhere from 80-90%, then distillation will bring that up higher. Will get a whole slurry of COA’s up on this post by the end of March. :call_me_hand:t4: From reaction intermediates, crude potency, and final production. Absolutely willing to share all data collected during this protect. I feel high purity Δ⁸ should be available for all. :100:

13 Likes

hell yeah ill nye! mother fuckin ace in the right place!

6 Likes

:call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4::100::100::100:
Gang gang
#leveluptogether

8 Likes

can pentane be used in place of heptane?

The answer is yes pentane can be substituted for heptane
But the water solubility in pentane is 10X higher than heptane
Pentane 40 mg /liter
Heptane 3.4 mg/liter
Meaning your yield losses by weight will be higher you loose more cannabinoids to your water washes
As for ptsa it works in alkanes from any temperature starting at around 0 C
But Cbd will crashout pretty fast at those temps and one would have to use vast amounts of solvent to keep it from crashing out
Think in the area of X12 solvent to Cbd

8 Likes

I’m new to distilling thc, delta 8, delta 9 etc. When distilling say delta 8 after isomerization what temperature does it distill at say at 0.1 torr

Same as D9
0.1 torr = 100 micron
So around 168-178 C

9 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

I think I’ve nailed a couple parameters which affects (to some extent) the d8/d9 ratio in the ptsa method (might be more general in fact, but ptsa definitely seems the ideal catalyst for d8)…

Are you currently back to hard d8 work ?
I think you may have the operational capacity to beat the record in high d8 and low d9.

6 Likes

Thank you and yes sir :call_me_hand:t4:

Assembled a few amazing o-chem teammates and are going to tackle these important projects again (Δ⁸ is definitely a high priority). Going to attempt the tosylation method with some tweaks to it. Since we’re not concerned about a DEA IFR bill at this point… I see experiments continuing and white papers to be flying onto the forum in the coming months. :raised_hands:t4:

Would love any input and collaboration with you. This will be a completely open source R&D project post completion (if possible), or a complete failure and post white papers for those to expand on.

@Dr_Jebril
We’re opening our new F42k/GLG Lab “Future Compounds lab” here in LV in the next 2 weeks. The main focus of the R&D department is to give access to those in our community who want to tackle projects collectively (for the betterment of the community, methods, and testing of said compounds). Will DM you and see if you’d be interested in working on some projects with us.

:call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4::white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

25 Likes

ahh that makes sense, and also sent me down the right path to answer some other questions I had. thanks for the info!

Can this be scaled down? Can anyones sop be scaled down to 1kg to 10kg. Im a small operation and lookimg to adventure into making d8