ILL NYE CBD-D8 Conversion Master SOP

That’s so awesome to hear!! This conversion should be accessible to all! :raised_hands:t4: If you need any help with anything… absolutely Hmu.

Toluene would be different parameters unfortunately (time and temp). The rest of the SOP would be sufficient, but you’ll need to tailor your temp and reaction time parameters most likely. Toluene has a boiling point of 110c and technically less volatile due to its higher boiling point. You could potentially use the same time and temp parameters and see what results you get.

Is toluene all you have access to where you live? Or just prefer to use toluene?

4 Likes

thank you Roguelab, finally I know what was all that deal with water and dry conditions, acid dont touching the cannabinoid molecules, so if you want d9 yo have to do the rxn as fast as possible that means immediate acid cannabinoid “meeting” trough dry conditions fast as hell stirring and as much heat as boiling point of the solvent stopping the rxn at the sweet spot before massive d9 to d8 starts…
unfortunately this las step is something you only can learn by yourself testing it with your own chromatography system and getting familiar with that sweet spot.

1 Like

thank you very much!!
ho the toluene is because is easier to get for me than ANHYDROUS heptane but I guess that not need of anyhdrous any more if you are after d8 with this SOP, if I can use “normal” heptane then is no problem!!
I have expend “a lot” of money and time after the D9 with all the innert atmosphere (glove box etc) and all that but I guess d8 can even be better in effects and I dont need to have that technical level.

So until what extend working dry is not important here? what about the ptsa, shut I do mix it with heptane and distill for do the azeotrope thing?

1 Like

Congrats on winning MOM @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy!!

9 Likes

Whoaaaaa!! Really?!!! Holy shit, I’m fucking honored guys!! @Capttripppp How can I give the winnings to the next person who doesn’t have a GLG membership? @Future I’d like to give the “MoM” winnings to the next person. :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

I can’t thank everyone enough and I’m honored to just be a part of our community! There’s no other community in the industry like ours. WE ALL ARE CREATING THE BEST COMMUNITY OF SHARING, HELPING EACH OTHER, and LEVELING UP!

Gang gang :call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

12 Likes

I don’t know how to pass on your winning, but I have no doubt @Future will know how we should pass on the winnings. Or if there is a member that you know can’t/won’t be able to purchase a GLG membership that you would like to pass it to? We do have a couple members not unlike my position, that are either on SSDI or on a Veteran Disability, but I think that should really be your decision! (Or one that you and Future agree with!)
Congratulations again! You definitely deserve it!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the @Chemtek if that’s still a part of it @Waxplug1

1 Like

Congratulations @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy . Due to your willingness to share and all while being so humble and patient with people who aren’t as skilled. I being one of them.
Just really cool to hear this. Have a great weekend.

7 Likes

Thank you brother! It’s all about people like yourself who are willing to try, learn, attempt new techniques, and share your experience with everyone (with no ego involved). Mad props to you for keeping the tech sharing at the forefront! :call_me_hand:t4:
#leveluptogether
#community

5 Likes

I would say if that is true (and it sadly is) then it is mathematically impossible to get high D9 from this reaction (which is in line with what @Dr_Jebril and me have found in our research). Definitely no 70%, more like 8:2 D8:D9 at best.

unlikely. D8 is the thermodynamic product from the isomerization, so higher temperatures and especially reflux must be avoided.

Why is this equilibrium happening?

Best I’ve managed to get with phosphoric was 66% d9, 2% d8 :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Was that after the rxn? Higher after distilling? What conditions?

3 Likes

Hello
What was the rest?
32% ?

1 Like

CBD, and then something else that came out around the same time as CBD on a GC-FID. My lab just called it CBD, but I think they’re wrong/lazy.

Dunno, just separate out with chromatography and it’s fine.

4 Likes

Hey buddy!! as you told me to ask you if I needed help (did you mean here or message?)…
I come back and ask you a very simple point, for this D8 oil (for this SOP) do you need anhydrous conditions to some extend?
I am talking about the heptane, the ptsa, the flask, etc…

just don’t worry at all?

Can I even let the top of the reflux column open? just following the instruction without caring about water or o2?

Thank you.

I found Argon helps way more than anhydrous conditions. That’s just my personal experience.

4 Likes

As @MedicineManHempCo said, argon will be a much better addition rather than running open atmosphere as some of these inputs will dessicate moisture to them within the solution causing more side reactions to present themselves as the acid will not have as easy of a chance to reach total reaction site surface area before the moisture “pulls” the ptsa from the insoluble organic layer.

Inert will result in a much cleaner end product.

1 Like

May I use CO2 instead argon?
do I have to dry (the azeotrope thing) the PTSA?
the one I can get is ácido p-toluenosulfónico monohidrato ≥98%, para síntesis

I would not use co2, it would trap a layer of o2 below it similar to n2. Argon is my go to inert gas for removing virtually all atmosphere from the vessel.

3 Likes