ILL NYE CBD-D8 Conversion Master SOP

It’s not entirely needed no, but having that additional head space/ volume to use will be beneficial for you if you’d like to possibly be one of the folks that upscale even further to see how far the reaction can be done at scaling up. Or maybe you’d like a very good blanket of inert gas fo help along with a cleaner conversion as well. But all in all, having additional room inside of your vessel isn’t a bad thing.

3 Likes

Do the same math but with 20kgs and you will have an almost full 100L reactor.

Remember that’s a scape of 10-20kgs. You just did the math on the smallest example.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I think that’s starting to make sense to me now. So 10-20kgs refers to the min and max batch size for a 100L reactor? So you should be able to process 10 kg of CBD in a 50L reactor with a comfortable amount of headspace then, for example?

1 Like

Yes you can do 10-15 in a 50 L

6 Likes

not when you can make it :wink:

4 Likes

Yooo,

Yeah, you can scale to a 20kg (CBD Isolate) reaction in a 100L reactor. I should’ve made it a bit more clear. Your math is accurate. On a 10Kg CBD, 10L Heptane… equal volume for washes + 20L wash, equals a 40L (roughly) solution within the reactor. Leaving 60L’s of available head space.

Same math consists for a 20Kg reaction. Would have a 100L reactor, 80% full.
-20Kg CBD
-20L Heptane
40L Wash cycle
———————-
80L (roughly) in solution.

:call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

8 Likes

A huge thank you to @iLLnyeTheShatterGuy.
This one sop has helped so many mfg good clean fun.

5 Likes

I can’t express how pumped I am that it’s helping. My initial reason for releasing the sop was to help those in different countries and those who don’t have easy access to THC potentially convert hemp into THC (more safely). Doesn’t need to be done on a reactor scale. Can absolutely be done in a boiling flask, reflux condenser, and sep funnels. This method correlates to many styles of equipment. Process is still the same. Prior to releasing the SOP… I had started hearing horror stories of people throwing clays in crockpots in the kitchen and making crazy unknowns… and selling it as D8 or “blended liters”. That’s the kinda stuff that can hit our industry hard just like #vapegate !! If dropping an SOP and helping as many peeps as possible can potentially stop another #vapegate … I’ll willingly drop SOP’s allll day. :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4::100::100: I’m honestly getting kinda burnt out from all the consultations and am going to drop a ton of my SOP’s soon and just share the wealth. Use em to make cleaner meds, to get consults, to get jobs, teach the homies… whatever helps. Mi SOP’s, su SOP’s. :call_me_hand:t4:
#leveluptogether

21 Likes

MOY (member of the year) right here folks.
Straight Ninja

People naming they chillren after you.

7 Likes

My second born will 100% be named illnye.

8 Likes

Can you substitute toluene with heptane in this SOP? does it have to be anhydrous?
If you do this same RXN as much dry as possible (glassware inert atmosphere etc) will you get some percent of delta 9 on it?

huge thanks for this generous sharing, “helping those in different countries and those who don’t have easy access to THC” is exactly what you’re doing in my case. Thank you.

3 Likes

High D9 with ptsa < 70% d9 is a timing game as dry as possible 25-45 min reflux at bp of solvent is where the sweet spot is

6 Likes

Yes heptane can be used as well althou hexane is what I recomend N- hexane that is

5 Likes

Roguelab!! the fast answering king of D9 yields!! Thank you man, I guess I will follow this SOP but very dry and changing the time for 45mins but may be in the original way less CBD is remained

5 Likes

The art is to find the moment D8 starts forming
At around 50% D9 and 50% Cbd once that moment is known within 15 min your highest D9 yield is there and still 15-20% Cbd and 8-10 D8

10 Likes

what is for you to stop a reaction? turn off the heating or quench it immediately on the sweet point?

and what happens if you continue reacting? let’s say the 4 hours this wonderful SOP says.

you won’t lose the D9 already formed right?

I know that degradation is always a thing but in this wonderful SOP it stays for 4 hours without a problem.

D8 is the first isomerization of D9
So at the sweet spot let’s say 70% d9
20%cbd and 10% D8
The speed at wich D9 turns into D8 is faster than the speed at wich Cbd turns into D9
So after that sweet spot your d8 will increase a lot faster than your Cbd decreasing by the time
You have consumed 10% more Cbd
Your D9 has been consumed by 40% leaving you with
10% Cbd 40% D9 and 50% D8

8 Likes

The main reason no exact time interval of when that sweet spot is in the flask is stirring speed your reagents working with alkanes and ptsa are immisible they do NOT dissolve to one homogeneous mix
Stirring makes the interaction happen between the molecules lhe more water present the less the acid will meet the cannabinoid
I have had reactions fail terribly for the acid swirled at the botom and barely have contact with the cannabinoids sort of a 2D reaction instead of 3 D these mistakes can still be reacted to D8

5 Likes

Good stuff @Roguelab . Thats truth.

3 Likes

Hahah :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4: I can’t wait to tell my first son that I named him after Karter Scientific (Karter). #nerdgang

6 Likes