If you had to do it again

That sounds very interesting, I struggle with packaging how would you solve that problem?

Do you mind sharing more details what did your company do?

1 Like

Iā€™ve managed to piece together some decent lineups small scale focused on good relationships with stores in person sales. A lot of work but it works and I help some underprivileged store owners make a good margin and help pay a bill or two.

2 Likes

I love that confident, do you give samples?

1 Like

I would more carefully vet potential partners.

26 Likes

Residential construction specifically, general carpentry and extruded aluminum construction covered with screen. There wasnā€™t much anyone could have done accept had some better fore thought about that whole situation!

1 Like

I couldā€™ve used some of that magic knowledge also.
People generally suck, and thatā€™s applicable to all countries, continents, and occupations!

4 Likes

I would have bought more terps, and not have told people where to get them. Honestly, I would have probably been much less open about things.

ā€œLeveling up together!ā€ Sounds cool, until you find out you were leveling up your competition.

32 Likes

If there is anything I could do overā€¦ā€¦

I would have moved into a warehouse soonerā€¦.also I would have iron clad contracts with certain vendorsā€¦. Big contracts and big money need real contract lawyers not your business lawyer/acct. not even in the same category.

Vendors in other industries donā€™t work or act like some in the cannabis industry. Lots of fuckery always going on in this industry where peopleā€™s words are worth as much as a wooden nickel

20 Likes

How do you use this magic knowledge?

This is a gem right now? What questions would you ask them?

A warehouse for growing?
What types of contracts are you referring to, if you dont mind sharing?

But the whales my dude

2 Likes

How would you find a good contract lawyer ? Just Google?

Im still mad about that to this day lol

Todayā€™s episode of Clown World:

Some dude satirically ponders getting his genitals surgically removed as a means ride the attention wave overtly awarded to women as a means to sway attention away from the idolization of men in our culture.

2 Likes

for 1ā€¦ non compete clauses. iron clad onesā€¦ not just a standard non competeā€¦ it needs to be tailored to the specific to terms which will prevent moves like thatā€¦

and warehouse as ive been running this business out of 8 storages and 2 rooms in my house for the better part of 4 yearsā€¦ Inventory is a bitch when you cant see everything in stockā€¦ There are some parts i wont run out of for a year and others i had to express ship this week due to being close to outta stock.

Id say google or business owners you really trust. You can ask for a list of referrals and talk to past clientsā€¦ i would say not having certain protections cost this business a lot of money this yearā€¦ which really could have been prevented for 3-5K.

seek counsel.then seek another lawyer for himā€¦LOL

5 Likes

Damn yea I have lost out on 5 figures by not having on contract. Fool me once

3 Likes

it happens and as long as it dont sink youā€¦you will be smarter in the long run. a lot of business isnt in the booksā€¦ ive never read a case study where vendors will poach customers based on ig shoutoutsā€¦

shit is changing. some peoples words are meaningless. adapt or dieā€¦

5 Likes

To better vet your partners. Personally, I had 2 different partners with vastly different backgrounds, but the common ground of being ā€œsalesmenā€. I ended up carrying most everything technical, and sales.

It ended up they were the only ones seeing the real hard numbers, and I was busy. They dealt with paying the bills etc. Until they didnā€™t, and money disappeared. The housing market collapsed, and I went to go work for someone else doing electrical work.

2 Likes