If you had to buy a Rotovap today

Just take note that I shelled out 200 bucks for a simple buchi vapor tube when it broke. This is a used 2L I scored on eBay so 200 dollars for a vapor tube is crazy. don’t even try to look for replacement condensers or distribution heads you’d be better off buying another used buchi for how much they cost. Also the actual part I needed still took 2 weeks to get.

1 Like

Have you used there chiller’s? I have all touch science at the moment minus the AI 20l i use for decarbing cause it leaks like a sieve and isnt worth mich more.

I don’t think I’d be afraid of using a Chinese import rotovap, especially if you are just getting started.

With that said, if I were starting over again I’d be inclined to buy the Chinese roto base and glassware to get a larger size for the least amount of money, and use a better quality chiller and a real vacuum pump instead of a water aspirator, I’ve not been impressed by the quality or longevity of the DSLB chillers, more than half on a team of 6x 50L rotos crapped out in one form or another within 6 months of use.

1 Like

Was it just the fans that were crapping out?

On 3 of them the fans crapped out, I started a thread here detailing my fix: Anybody got a source for replacement chinese chiller fans?

One of them the compressor failed spectacularly, blowing out an electrical connection and venting refrigerant and oil all over the top of the compressor and lower section of the rotovap. Have a new compressor I have not yet had a chance to install for that one, need to pick up some R404 to refill it once I’ve got the compressor lines soldered up and get it wired in.

2 Likes

Wow that compressor failure sounds nasty, refrigerant leaking everywhere isn’t a very pleasant experience

1 Like

so where are the great deals on them these days?

1 Like

Call and ask for dave, hes the owner.

anyone have any experience with these? Amazon.com

Hi,we are Chinese Manufacturer to sell rotary evaporator,if you are interested in,please contact me.

Shoot me a DM for pricing. I can get you up and running for cheap.

Would any of you try this out for the price?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JPM7Q3Q/ref=twister_B07MH4JK2J?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

1 Like

pretty much the same as my re-510. No issues so far, other than me breaking the feed tube glass where you put the feed to on at. I have quite a bit of run time on mine.

2 Likes

Check out this beast LMAO

https://www.amazon.com/Stirring-Motor-Driven-Single-Deck-Chemical-Reaction/dp/B071JHBQJB/ref=sr_1_5?h=cb0b4e7300b9b1b7a3b46ebb773f21d9d99212f2&qid=1557789877&rnid=317970011&s=industrial&scn=16310091&sr=1-5&srs=18734908011

seem em straight from Alibaba for around 1700 delivered @AzKicker1970

And is that just basically one giant rotovap? without the roto? lol

Yeah this Alibaba babe is totally in to me while she quotes me a rotovap. I can tell…o.O