If you had to build a low budget lab to produce distillate, what equipment would you use?

Distillate is 8-10k a liter here in Michigan

Black market cat3 went from like 600 a liter to thousands in a few months and is rising daily.

Everyone started throwing their trim away like me lol.

1 Like

$100 otd sugar trim. We use those terps to make some damn tasty distillate and co2 oil. We just added 2ml disposables in our market and they are already startin to take off.

Not sure anyone will give away ‘if I could start fresh’ knowledge/perspective since that’s basically consulting.

It really depends on what your familiar/comfortable with and what you’re trying to make. Ethanol is great if you don’t want to worry about toxicity and safety, heptane is good for lower operating expense and can deal with its if that’s what you mean by hydrocarbon, but butane can be viable as well; higher OpEx and CapEx for comparable processing speed of ethanol, but more flexibility of products since prices are subject to change in the future. As for post processing, there’s pros and cons to all of the stuff listed before; weigh accordingly.

How much is ‘low budget’ btw? Completely compliant with fire code or just doing this out of barn? If compliant, obviously add a 0 to your price tag. If low budget is 15,000, then dry ice instead of chillers, 150,000 and chillers all the way.

And no one should use DCM if possible. Toxic, carcinogenic, persistent environmental pollutant, difficult to dispose of. Some fire extinguishers used to have carbon tetrachloride (carbon tet), which has been banned around the world for reasons listed; halogenated solvents like DCM, chloroform (carbon tet cousins) are just as bad. Be kind to your liver.

4 Likes

Brewing equipment on the primary side (-60C wash, rinse, shotgun distillation). Ethanol recovered / reused several times, but ultimately collects water / terps and must be repurchased.

Then, moving to the secondary refinement of crude: , 2 50L Chinese rotos, a standard ai vac oven with cold trap, and a 4L Chinese wiped film.

3 Likes

Believe it or not I do not need a consultant. I am a consultnt with deep understanding of the subject

This was just some internal conversation in my brain I wanted an involuntary 2nd opinion on.

Suprisingly if you say to the internet " how do i do this" you will get crickets but if you say “this is what i want to do” you will have 25 guys giving you the confirmation you were looking for as they try to insult you and shit on whatever you post

Best way for me to get a good answer here is just to state an obviously wrong fact and my fan club will always come to the rescue on some crabs in a barrel vibe. Push button to make the monkey dance.

how are you mitigating sugars and polymers in your etoh extract?

Don’t doubt it. There’s a lot of ways to skin the extraction cat. Just depends on what you want to do and what you value. I prefer safety, modularity, flexibility, and robustness over cost, speed and yield, but if you’re making margins on distillate, cost and yield are more important :person_shrugging: .

This is flawed logic. Quality over quantity. 23/25 could be smart asses trying to look cool but you won’t get much nuance that way and you have to parse more BS. I’ve personally had much more success here spending time reading and refining my questions than just looking for ok answers to bad questions.

If you’re not getting the answers you want, that reflects more on your question; there’s a lot of threads that pertain to this, you just have to read a lot more. If you’re looking for spoons, most people here don’t really want to give them, but giving them takes as much energy as explaining why it’s a pain in the ass to hand out spoons.

2 Likes

Paper Grease filters and buckets. Winterized in deep freeze for 24-48 hours.

We only ran Oregon CBD genetics from Seth for all farms. Cleaned up well. We stored dry ice in the freezer as well.

2 Likes

I appreciate your insight and tips, very gracious of you

but believe me when i tell you this was just me thinking out loud about something i already knew the answer too. I do that alot for confirmation.

Did hear about a super low tek bucket setup for those super low fund traps spots from someone here so that was fun and a cool thing to learn

1 Like

That’s how I (and many others) got started.

Askhole
noun

1. Asking for someone’s opinion only to use it for validation of one’s own opinion, instead of honest critque.

Don’t be an askhole :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

never heard that beore lol, funny term , i should make a button

2 Likes

well lets see. glass tube 25 micron screen hose clamp
and a large pyrex measuring cup. then some butane.
about as cheap as it get’s :rofl:

1 Like