If extract is 80% cannabinoids, what is the other 20%?

Depends on the solvent used to extract

2 Likes

Do you have any idea how unhelpful that is

1 Like

Not really, its plain as day to me.

8 Likes

Alcohols and water and polar things extract sugars

2 Likes

I mean obviously solvent and its inherent solubility effects what will be extracted. Like, no shit.

The question is, in a butane extraction, what categories of molecules can we expect to see in the final product?

Saying “IT DEPENDS ON THE SOLUBILITY” doesn’t really get us anywhere, does it?

It was a reply to the post above me. No need to get hostile its a beautiful day outside

15 Likes

What I’m hoping you’ll do is suggest molecules that are common in plants (pref cannabis) that are soluble in that sort of extraction, with that type of solvent.

Well that depends on the terpenes as well. Butane will extract certain compounds and as it runs down the column, the solution picks up more and more terpenes. This changes the solvents extraction ability slightly

4 Likes

Variables variables variables, its almost as if this answer will change every time… due to variables.

4 Likes

And yet, my dear friend, there are so many repeating themes:

Cannabinoids
Terpenes
Waxes
Lipids/Fats
Chlorophyll and some of its degradation products like Phytol
Carotenoids
Flavonoids, including Anthocyanins

Others phenolic compounds: Sterols, Lignans, Stilbenoids

Anything else I’m missing?

1 Like

Yeah, the ability to act like a decent human being…
Just because you don’t like the answer, doesn’t mean it isn’t an answer. And yes the list you have made it pretty close to everything butane will pull. BUT (now here’s the tricky part) various molecule’s solubility is different given the temp swings that can happen during extraction. General rule is, the warmer the butane, the more you’ll pull… Alot of the stuff is unwanted and their extraction can sometimes be avoided by running as cold as you can possibly get your solvent. (I.E. -40C and below)

5 Likes

Of course. What you’re talking about is behind the variation between every extraction product on the market.

Extraction tech, grow tech, genetics, there are a million variables that underlie why every cannabis extract is different. That’s not the question I’m trying to answer.

1 Like

So this question doesn’t get answered because it really is hundreds and hundreds of things in trace amounts. The bulk of the resin is obviously cannabinoids and their derivatives. I would not be at all surprised if 10% of the impurities is 100 different random cannabinoid derivatives at about 0.01-0.2 percent. I think that “Total Active Cannabinoid” test results will be much higher once we get these obscure minors mapped out more. If you think about it, for every one cannabinoid we talk about here there are dozens and dozens of known derivatives of it. We just have no data on them because they are totally obscure. It doesn’t take long for a bunch of 0.05% compounds to start taking up big chunks of a samples composition. Also other lower retention time inactives:

Waxy alkanes (hentriacosane, nonacosane, pentacosane, etc). Long chain triglycerides like C16 and up (Palmitic acid, eicosenoic acid, etc). Furanoids, sterols, carotenoids, alcohols, aldehydes, flavonoids, alcohols (hexenol, decenol), ketones. A lot of these things are not in abundant amounts but that’s the point… it all adds up.

Heavy terpenoids, so terpenes with another functional group attached. Not all of them smell so they’re not like the terpenes we usually think of. Guaiol, phytol and phytone, squalene. Then on top of all of this cannabis pumps out tons of things like butyric acid, isovaleric acid, hexanoic acid etc. So you can pretty much take a majority of the compounds that we already know about, swap out a couple letters at the end of its name for “yl” and add the word “butyrate” or “isovalerate” and add those to the list of things that very well also exist in trace quantities. Tons and tons of esters pop up naturally and I’d imagine extremely concentrating these constituents will give rise to all sorts of new ones.

So just picture hundreds of these at 0.01-0.1%. There’s just a lot of individual compounds. Mapping out crude extracts is going to look like mineral oil on paper

Edit: can’t type on mobile

22 Likes

Thank you man, I really appreciate the answer.

1 Like

i sell both and the only thing that has worked so far is RSO and decarbed rosin

Glycosides

What does that mean exactly? People that used distillate died while the ones using RSO lived?

4 Likes

3 people’s cancer went away and 2 more have shrinking tumors who all took my RSO. we sell thousands of grams of it so i cant keep up with everyone but those are the ones i know of. there were 2 people i know of that didn’t take my advice and took our distillate syringes because they hated the taste of rso. one died and the other i never heard from again. RSO doesn’t work for everyone especially if they’re taking small doses

2 Likes

You cant make a statement like that.
1 your not the fda
2 your not a dr
3 your not a dr
4 your not a dr

Do you have any scientific data, MRI, lab tests, placebo ve rso vs distillate trials?

I’m sure rso helps greatly. To blantly say YOUR rso cured this or that is 100% speculation.

15 Likes

Carbon in various forms is the simplest answer.

2 Likes