I'd like to propose a new type of vape battery/pen

My evolve battery is a button, no adjustment voltage.

2 Likes

Is that when you would use the manual adjustment of the tcr mode? Sorry, it’s been a bit since I fired my mod up so I can’t remember the exact term.

Yeah. My mods currently autodetect ohms (resistance of the atomizer) and then allow you to decide the wattage by automatically changing the voltage appropriately to the ohm(wattage control mode), but since the ohm was off it causes the wattage to be inaccurate which means basically the voltage may jump too high. There’s temperature control mode, but those are made to match certain specific coils. Depending on the coil used it can assume the ohm and what temperature certain watts will produce when run through it. As an example, my mod has a titanium coil setting. I happened to have gotten a source orb xl atatchment (highly recommended made in the us of solid stainless steel) which had a grade 1 titanium coil, I thought this meant I could use the temp control with it and sounded really interesting/exactly what I wanted. So first time I fired it up to test it the thing flashed super intense white and the titanium coil crumbled and the atomizer was fully toast. The temp setting was for lower grades of titanium so the ohm was great leaps different evidently. Anyhow, that was a bit of a rant but hopefully explains the workings of the mods and their functions a bit better

Please elaborate

Lol, not a rant at all. Thanks for the info, it definitely confirmed my experience with these things as well.

And that’s why I got a mod I can use red panda on, I had an old al85 and it’s auto detection was shit for the coils. With my new mod, you can dial in the resistance after the auto detection to fine tune it.

I messed with my ravage230 for a bit, and almost got the sai bucket to hit ok, but ended up going back to my rig. I have an orbxl too, my gf uses it all the time with the stock battery, but I haven’t tried using it with my mod.

There’s a lot of settings to mess with, and it just said screw it lol.

1 Like

I smoke one every day. I think the topic here is small consumer version. Still cheap and user friendly.

Which atomizer do you have for the orb xl? I got it mainly for the quartz bucket, but the ceramic on ceramic atomizer has been my favourite. You can melt up to half a gram of any extract into it and it will low temp full flavour vape it all the way. Not like when you overload a normal bho atomizer and it tastes burnt after the first couple hits, it actually will give you good hits most of the way through it and doesnt melt into any holes or end up stuck to the sides. That said my favourite boxmod attatchment for small amounts of extracts is the longmada motar. It seems like some cheap rando brand but it has been a better user experience by far then the source orb si bucket for a few reasons. Love to talk more but I dont want to derail the thread too much.

To be back on topic, I think a big thing would be to make a battery with a 5 second draw limit. Everything else to make a fairly idiotproof pen is currently available on the market.
@densone thats the gen mod? 5watts is too high for me :joy:
@qma have you used any of the vaporesso tanks with distillate? Jc. I saw the gen mod has a pulse mode. Thats pretty dope. I love the design of the click/aurora play also, people love having something to fiddle with. Its half the reason people smoke to begin with I think.

2 Likes

The ceramic coil absorb speed has limit, so if you vape too fast, it will burnt too.

So it’s not only about temperature, but also about how long time you vape.
Right now there are so many kinds of variable voltage batteries, and also many different kinds of resistance cartridge, so if you would like to find a suitable battery, it’s better to find some which has a display, can you can adjust voltage from low to high

1 Like

Bro, you have google too

Jesus

1 Like

I have been using the drizzle for this purpose and I can tell you 100%, don’t use the mesh or cotton types, use just the low ohm ceramics at low heat

2 Likes

Lol thanks🥄

keep it, my house is filled to the brim

1 Like

I see your spoon, and raise you a fork :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

The mini euc ceramic looks appropriate. What happens when you use the mesh coil??? Cloud city?

It was cotton mesh

1 Like