I need help to extract the thc from hashish

Hello everyone, I’m really new to the distillation game. I need help to extract the thc oil from hashish to use it in the vape pen. I used isopropyl alcohol to extract the oil and i did winterizition using dry ice and i did run it in the rotovap. My problem is when i try to distillate it in the short path distillation. I can’t evaporate the thc even when i hit a high temperature, At first, I found a leak in the system so i used some grease and i was successfully able to fix it. After that i tried and the alchol evaluated, but after that nothing happened.
I shut the HM to rest then i tried to run it again but nothing happened.
I can see the vapor roaming around, but don’t go up to the neck. I cant see any oil or anything just fhe wax boiling down there.
Any help please??? IDK WHt to do now???

Welcome @Bedro! We have MANY topics on this subject round these parts. Feel free to use the search function and find your own solution to whatever issues your have in your distillation journey and many other cannabis based modalities! Best of luck!

3 Likes

I assume you have a leak and no micron gauge.
If you do have a gauge what microns and temp are you at?

2 Likes

Hello.
I think i have a tiny leakage, but the gauge was on . 01 and the temp i reached 250 C. Im realy lost

What is the gauge reading microns? Post a pic

250c is too hot. Turn it down

1 Like

I shut it down 2 hours ago. I will try to send pics for the gauges but how can i share it with u?

When your at the comment box where you can type. There is an icon with an arrow pointed up. That’s how you post pictures. What brand of gauge are you using

Im releasing the prusser now to set up the SP now

1 Like

It was on 0.02

You need a micron gauge.
Is that water aspirator for your vacuum?
That is not nearly deep enough of a vacuum

1 Like

You need a bullseye gauge or yellow jacket MICRON Guage.
It’s digital.
I see 2 problems and these ARE your problems.

1. You need a better vacuum pump not a water aspirator. What size system are you using?
    I run a Alcatel 2021i for my 5L. Your not pulling a deep enough vacuum to distill. Which is why nothing is happening.

2. You need a digital vacuum micron gauge. Without this you will not know the vacuum depth of the spd. What your doing now is measuring vacuum depth of your water aspirator.

3. How long did you leave it at those high temps for?

DO NOT RUN ANYMORE UNTIL YOU GET ATLEAST A BETTER PUMP. YOU WILL DEGRADE YOUR THC AND POSSIBLY ISOMERIZE IT AND WONT GET ANY DISTY

2 Likes

It’s a water asiprator, had the same one

1 Like

Yes, it’s a water asiprator. I thought it’s the same as the vacuum pump. I just realize how big is this mistake and I’ll get a new vacuum pump by tomorrow. I have a 2L Chinese spd. I think i already degreeded the thc because it was almost 4 hours, but I will try the process again when i get the pump and the gauge.
Any other advices

1 Like

Ouch 4 hours is a long time at 250. It’s ok we all have to learn somehow.

1 Like

Don’t get just any pump. Get a decent one.
I suggest an Alcatel 2021i. It will be great for your system and won’t break the bank like an Edwards pump

2 Likes

That water aspirator is still useful for other things in the lab so don’t worry.
When you winterize you can use it for your Büchner funnel

1 Like

Thank you very much. This must be the price of learning. I will get it and will update soon, thank you very much for your comments. Thanx

1 Like

No problem good luck. Give us an update once your good to run

1 Like