I need help for activated carbon filter

Hello, I would like to buy a grow tent 1.50×1.50×2.20
and need more information about the activated carbon filter.
Since I didn’t think entirely through looks when it came to the topic of expiration, I’m asking here.
All the websites where I had the formula calculated always gave me different results. Even when I calculated it myself, I didn’t get any results that were similar or even the same as the results from the websites.
I’ve already picked out an activated carbon filter that might fit, maybe someone will say that it’s totally shit and doesn’t fit at all, you’ll certainly have a lot more idea than me, so I’d rather be on the safe side and ask.

I don’t use Co2 or air conditioning. If it is necessary for the calculation.

I also have the following things to calculate the formula

Tent
1×1.50×1.50×2.20cm

LED
2× 340 watts

Exhaust fan
1×Prima Klima ECblue exhaust fan, 1180 m³/h, 160mm connection
https://www.grow-shop24.de/prima-klima-ecblue-ABFAUGETTILATOR-110MM-H-160MM-TAGE?Gclid=cjwkcaiaibeiwaixbojpha9m-9zcxv18JzSyimglm_rmssyzc6-ocg2xcpi71jmulybcuq AVD_BWE

Activated carbon filter
1×Rhino Pro activated carbon filter 600cbm / 160mm

hoses
1× 3 meter aluminum hose

I’m a bit overwhelmed with the calculations for the space itself where the tents are placed
I definitely need some clarification on this topic

I thank you in advance for your efforts and your help

I’m not sure what your question is. The carbon filter seems like the right size for a very small grow tent.

1 Like

Best practice is to oversize your fan and set it on a dimmer/controller to reduce the workload and noise. Match the filter size to the fan, a lot come prepacked as a combo set.

2 Likes

I think he’s asking how to calculate the appropriate fan size and carbon filtration for his set-up

1 Like

I have more questions. Where are you putting this? Does the space where the tent will be located have HVAC? Will this be the only tent in the space? What is the normal / nominal temperature of the area you are putting it.

Are you running this tent to do both veg and flower activities (i.e. different light times?)

Are you planning to have controls for your fan based on the temperature of the tent? Or just running continuously at a defined speed?

In general I agree with the others that the fan and the filter look like they would be of appropriate size for each other.

Some other things to think about. Where are you hanging/setting the fan? Is there enough space with the other things in the tent (aka the lights and plants). Will this be inside or outside? And where is the air coming from to get into your tent (temperature here matters)? And where is the air going from your tent (even going through the carbon filter it will still be WARM)?

I run two tents and a nursery dome in my house. And I had to think about all these things. I’ve moved my grow a couple of times (okay…more than a couple…) and each time I have to consider those questions. Especially as the ambient temperature AND the ability of the house HVAC changes each time.

Hope these questions help.

Let us know what you decide to do!

3 Likes