I’m struggling. Could I get some help

Tryed to do a freash frozen run today with dry ice. Having a hard time getting all the tane to pass through. I have di. On material and recovery still can’t oull full 20# thrw got about 10# in 12 hours 70# di later.

I’m suck lol

The reason you are stuck is because your solvent is so cold its a liquid and doesnt want to move through your system.

What type of closed loop are you using ? Are you using butane? What pressure is your closed loop rated for?

2 Likes

The reason you are stuck is because your solvent is so cold its a liquid and doesnt want to move through your system. – I understand that to a level… but also thought -f was good.

What type of closed loop are you using ? Are you using butane? What pressure is your closed loop rated for? --------- one # CLS from Best Valute… Yes to tane. i have mostly hp clamps

Is your exit port connected to the dip tube or not? That seems to be an issue I’ve seen preventing people from moving their butane. Also, the liquid/gase will go from cold to colder. If it isnt moving, then either your solvent tank is colder than the rest of your system (at a lower pressure) or your valves/ports aren’t connected properly.

1 Like

So the tank I got from the company has a down tube to “help get all out”. My tane tank 60f my material col with dry ice holder. - And the bottom of my collection was - but my whole collect wasn’t chilled

Is your butane exiting your solvent tank into your collection vessel through the dip tube forsure?

Are you recovering your solvent passively? Do you have a vacuum recovery pump with this system or no? Im thinking that your solvent is not moving because your solvent tank is at a higher pressure than your recovery vessel, making it where the solvent will stay in the lowest pressure. You would either need to chill your solvent tank to reduce pressure, or slowly heat the recovery vessel to increase pressure in order to move the solvent.

general rule of thumb is the butane will go where the coldest area is in your system. If your column is colder than the collection, it’s never going to move. You’ll need to get your collection pot to be the coldest part of the system… Then the tane will move there very easily. When you switch to recovery, you’ll want your recovery tank to be the coldest point in the system.

If you have a system rated for N2, you could use that push the solvent along, but if not, just make sure you keep your temps in a way the butane can chase the cold.

5 Likes

If youre chilling your material column then its drawing a vac on itself plus any solvent in a warm or room temp collection/seperator is going to lightly boil creating pressure. There’s a couple ways to deal with this. You can chill your collection or push with n2. But up until recovery you want your collection and columns to maintain a lower psi than your tank. You could also piggy back a second solvent tank in a slurry to your collection to help pull. I use a combo of that and nitrogen on my system

1 Like

If you do have a spare recovery tank you could pull a vacuum on it and run a hose to your stalled recovery tank to help pull and put on DI

so not having my collection camber fully cover in dry ice and my materal cambers is full of dry ice then its just going to be stuck there? even if my collection cambers as a -psi and - temp at the base?

Thanks

Turn on your pump.

5 Likes

Hahahaha! Now that’s funny right there! I thought he was running with just DI, didn’t notice the pump in the back!

Just put your collection in a slurry. Even with the column on ice. Use nitro to pump your solvent tank up 10psi at a time until things flow. Since it’s a live run, I would clear my column with n2 then valve off and recover independently.

I would 100% not recommend using n2 on this system. Looks to be either 4 or 6 inch single pin clamps, which will leak immediately. Nitro is to thin for those.

2 Likes

it runs nothing happens

Yes i do need 2 more 6 in high pressure clamps

Please push with nitrogen. It will fix your problems. You need back pressure or a temp gradient that encourages flow of your solvent

1 Like

Hook up your pump directly to your upper column and recover into it for a couple minutes, it will create a vacuum from below and pressure from above to get things flowing

2 Likes