I burned my crude - is it still okay to use?

All,

Small timer here. I made some crude w/ EtOH and was boiling off the EtOH when I got called away at a crucial moment. I thought i had enough time but that last bit boiled right down like crazy and I burned the shit out of it. Now it smells AWFUL.

My plan was to combine w/ MCT oil and make a nice tincture (I’ve done this many times before). I add it to a PBJ and it works great.

Is it still okay to use this? Anyone know if it makes any harmful chemicals or anything like that when you heat it up way too much? Or is it just the same crude but w/ a terrible burned taste (which I could live with).

Safe to still use?

THANK YOU!!

If its personal use, thats totally up to your palate and tolerance. If it kills you to waste it, in terms of cost and time, im sure it will still be somewhat effective, however reduced in potency and effect to some degree.

For re sale to others I would not.

Never take chances when providing meds to someone else, if it’s not right, it’s not right. It’s never worth the risk.

2 Likes

What temperatures were you operating at? Was it totally free of fats and waxes and other impurities? Did you have a nice stir going?

1 Like

my stir bar broke so no stir going. had plenty of fats in there because it’s just for personal consumption and i don’t care about filtering those out if i’m going to eat it. I had a cheap mantle going and it was simmering away nicely w/ the ethanol, but that last couple hundred mls boiled away super quickly and by the time i got back to it, it was all down to oil, smelling super stinky (not in a good way). I popped it off the mantle right away but the damage was done.

not for sale or anything like that. i don’t want to waste it cause it’s all i got for a while until my next harvest comes in mid-march. but if i turned it into something potentially harmful than i would waste it for sure

i think it’s time for me to get one of those mantles where you can put a temp probe in and set the temp so this doesn’t happen again. damn.

not for sale just personal use. i tried some last night, i think the potency is down and it’s not soooo bad if you put it into a PBJ. just mainly trying to make sure it’s still safe

Break it down in everclear, freexe it 24 hrs then filter through a cheese cloth or buchner . Evaporate it and it should be way more palletable.

You’ll be fine. Worst case is you got less thc and more cbn

3 Likes

Thanks!

If you didn’t have a stir bar I can 100% guarantee that the bottom of your container was full of CBN by the time you got back to it. It definitely shouldn’t kill you but if you don’t re homogenize your solution then the bottom of your jar will probably knock you out lol!