1 Like

I think @Kingofthekush420 was working on some

@Filterman9 has a skid that they sell

2 Likes

100% membranes

Admittedly this was heptane but the same membrane will work for hydro carbon

Fully winterized

2 Likes

I am familiar with the process. It works well! Better winterization performance than comparable membranes in ethanol I’ve found.

3 Likes

@MagisterChemist @Kingofthekush420 what sort of cannabinoid rejection are you seeing compared to ethanol?

Has anyone tried this in butane/propane?? :smiling_imp:

Most importantly: Where do the terps end up?!

1 Like

That is kind of a tough question because in general I wouldn’t use a hydrocarbon-compatible membrane in ethanol – so it’s not an apples to apples comparison. I would say ultimately the best options for winterization in each medium end up with similarly low levels of rejection.

I haven’t tried it in butane/propane, but i’ve had many inquiries.

In ethanol, terpenes pass through dewax membranes easily and are easily rejected by desolvation membranes, leaving them with the oil fraction. In hydrocarbons, they again pass through dewax membranes, but I also find them to pass through the desolvation membranes i’ve tried to a larger extent, leaving them as a mostly separate fraction altogether. This effect could be replicated intentionally in ethanol if you wanted with a looser desolvation membrane.

5 Likes

Very interesting…

Have you collected any delicious terpene fractions this way?

3 Likes

A friend has. He said they were better than steam-distilled terps. I wasn’t there to try them personally though.

2 Likes