Hvac technician in southern Maine?

Anyone reading this forum an hvac tech in southern Maine? Just had a mini split crap out on me and I need it fixed or replaced stat! I was cleaning it and somehow chipped and or dislodged some blades in one of the blowers causing it to become unbalanced. The blower motor has failed too… any help is appreciated post here or dm ASAP. Thanks for reading.

Edit: after cooling down the blower motor seems to be working again. So I have one of two blowers installed and working. Maybe I just need to order a new blower?

5 Likes

Anybody good at finding replacement parts?

2 Likes

What is the make/model?

1 Like

DM me

2 Likes

Yah that woulda been good for me to put in the original post huh @blackie! Thanks for chiming in, and asking. Gotta go back and check I’ll post it up. I know I need a 108x522.7 size cross flow blower if you know where I can get one or two??

@Rowan, dm incoming

Here’s a shot of the nameplate @blackie

4 Likes

Manual has exploded parts view on page 38

Parts 17 and 19 are the cross flow fans

Googling those part numbers brings up lots of hits. Not sure about a good local source in Maine, but there has to be one.

4 Likes

I bet @moveweight might be able to help, if I’m remembering correctly he was the one who made the web crawler to identify all the different companies selling extraction equipment.

5 Likes

They have a search tool of their official contractors

That proved useless however.

https://www.aireserv.com/ has southern maine
Southern Maine AC & Heating Repair | Aire Serv® any ol HVAC Business should be able to handle the job I assume.

6 Likes

He’s looking for a website somewhere other than Gree, due to the urgency of the situation. I was hoping you might be able to take a part# from the part catalogue and see if theres any businesses in his general area what might stock the part hes looking for.

A bit of a longshot on my part I guess, I have no clue how your webcrawler works.

Edit: i see that u answered it before I finished my post.

2 Likes

Clarification on a specific part and I can search. I’m sure Rowan has him on a good path too.

2 Likes

It might just be a matter of calling local HVAC supply places to see if they have the part. Lots of places in Maine don’t put inventory online.

3 Likes

Try Johnstone Supply in Westbrook. They probably won’t have than part number but it’s likely they will have a squirrel cage blower that fits

2 Likes

That would be my first suggestion. Google maps and calling nearest spots

3 Likes

Thanks guys ima call johnstone.

I wish I woke up as early as y’all.

@ScoobyDoobie
@SidViscous
@blackie
@moveweight

7 Likes

ive got 3x 4 ton splits i need vac’d down and leak tested myself. ill need to find an hvac guy here soon

1 Like

Bout to order it from https://www.splitairconditionerunit.com/diy-guide/10352040.html

Johnstone wanted $100 and it was a month out.

Thanks again for the insight everyone!

3 Likes

If you can drive to a Hvac supply house that would be best. Bring the part in and I’m sure they’ll be able to find something. Most mini splits use similar/ same parts just by diff suppliers

3 Likes

Lol sock puppets are for Duff muppets

If it’s on the inside head unit you can replace that yourself. I’ve done work on my head units before, it’s scary at first but can be done.

2 Likes