[Humboldt] Welch 2.3 cfm High Capacity 4-Head Oil-Free Diaphragm Chemical Vacuum Pump

Item: Welch 2.3 cfm High Capacity 4-Head Oil-Free Diaphragm Chemical Vacuum Pump New condition, for sale with 110v power cord for $2750 (New price: $3500 + shipping)

Price: $2750

Bought it from BestValueVacs 3 months ago, only ran it a couple of hours. Pump is technically new and is under manufacturers warranty for another 9 months.

3 Likes

Price reduced to $2500! Needs to go ASAP!

2 Likes

Don’t understand why the cannabis industry wants 75-80 cents on the dollar for used equipment. Mark if half off from brand new price and it’ll sell instantly. Otherwise I’d rather just buy it brand new and not risk y’all putting god knows what through that pump

6 Likes

It has to do with availability, typically. We’ve been repairing, refurbishing & reselling used processing equipment in Oregon for a few years now. Most of our clients need whatever is on the shelf and functional at a reasonable price ASAP.

You’re out in FL, right? Totally different game out here. Some equipment ages really fast, some pieces of equipment are worth their weight in gold in the right situation.

I’ve seen a lot of equipment just collect dust in garages until it’s essentially outdated and hardly worth scrap prices… Then you run into some guy with 3x e2m80s sitting in his garage, and he paid less for them 15 years ago than he’s selling them now. It’s not the same as the used car market. This is industry and lab grade pilot scale equipment. When something works well for years and is an industry standard piece of equipment, it holds it’s value.

1 Like

I don’t know that things are all that different on one coast or another when it comes to things like this . . . it always seems to work out to be worth what someone is willing to pay. If I thought it was a tool “to die for” It is still not enough of a discount to take a chance on considering I can get 1 brand new with warrantee for $600 more.

Now I might consider picking it up locally for 13 -1400, but don’t need one all that badly!

1 Like

These comments are just so weird. You guys sound completely out of your element. I’ve sold more than a dozen of these Welch 4 head diaphragm pumps in the past couple years. All of them used… I never sold a single one for less than $2200.

You want to complain about the price of the pump, when you can go out and buy a 4 head vacuubrand diaphragm pump any day of the week at the price range you’re shooting out… Just grab your nuts and buy a used vacuubrand or knf and quit bitchin… It’s really awkward. Especially when it’s a lot of nonsense.

This forum is a bit strange. Half of you guys act like you know what you’re talking about while simultaneously sounding really wet behind the ears…

If you are referring to my comment you missed the boat!
If I needed a 2052 I would not buy a used one for 5 or 6 hundred less than what I could get a new one for with a warrantee. However if I saw one for under 1500 I might pick one up being a good value, however I don’t need one at the moment so that is what it is worth to me right now. No bitching, no complaining involved here whatsoever!

For you however, being in the reselling of used equipment will eventually find buyers over time who have a need or desire to purchase pieces of equipment that are 20 to 30% off list and it is a good value for them that may be all they can afford or are limited to and that is what it is worth to them . . . it still boils down to what people are willing to pay and how long someone is willing to wait to find that person that wants it more vs needing to have a fire sale.

1 Like

Not specifically you Homesteader. In general, I hear this idea that every piece of equipment isn’t worth 60-80% of retail value once used. The reality of it is, it’s worth whatever it’s worth. Some equipment goes UP in value, simply because it’s available immediately, for cash, with no wait time for production or shipping. Then there are items people buy that were practically useless the second they made the purchase and now they have thousands of dollars worth of equipment that might as well be a giant paperweight.
We’re talking about equipment people use to make money. For some people, waiting a few days extra to get said piece of equipment could cost them more in down time than the total cost of the equipment in the first place.
I had a guy but a refurbished e2m30 off me for $4500, because he wanted it immediately. It was already technically sold, but I asked the original buyer if he’d take $1k store credit if he could wait an extra week for a unit.
We’re talking about industrial/pilot scale processing equipment. It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay to get back to work. Bottom line.

1 Like

Why does this pump have a aftermarket capacitor on it

Vacuubrand is awesome. 4 head is 3500 down to 1 micron now adays. Welch is okay but it’s not what it used to be twenty years ago.

2 Likes

why do you think it does? its a brand new pump from best value vacs

They must have changed it. It used to be a grey box with everything inside it on the side of the motor.

1 Like

$2400 anyone? I need to get rid of this pump. Help me out :call_me_hand:

Truth. Equipment is like gold on the west coast.