Huber T305 seems off to me?

I dont think my Huber T305 is working like it did before.
Noticed the other day its not keep up, i have it set to 43C and my heat gun reading off a dirty copper 90° fitting supplying the port on jacket is saying 33C
The rpms of the hubers pump is set to 3500rpm but the system is spinning at 2500rpm rougly. Am i having a flow issue? Idk i wonder. Or is just choosing to not flow at max rpm.

Temp entering my jacketed collection is 33c
The Collection tanks jacket is tied into the sieves jacket also. The temperature leaving that before entering the huber is 23C
Seems normal to me.
Difference of 10C from in to out

Another thing going on and this has always been a concern. Bottom of my jacketed collection is cold. Around the spout its almost frosting up. Just like the triclamps do. The radius around my spout of like 3-4" is cold. There is fluid running through it. Shouldnt it stay warm. Only time it gets warm is when i stop evaporating and let the pressure build up. But once we start recoverying it self generates cold again and within 20 mins its back to cold

If i put a probe inside my system to read the temp of the butane. Would it throw hotter fluid into my jackets to compensate for the cold the butane generates when it evaporates.

Doesnt seem like circulating 33C is going to get the inside of my collection to that temp as long as boiling.

Frosty tip is from evaporative cooling.

1 Like

Uploading: 20221107_203817.mp4…

Took everything apart. Flushed out the jackets there was alot of little rocks in the bottom cap.
Anywhoo hooked it back up. The frost problem is gone. Its heating the butane properly now aswell. Not sure if i have ever seen it like this lol.
Were actually boiling at a lower temperature. I was cranking it real high before.

Must mention last week i swapped my sieve for a new one. I went from 3/8 ports down to 1/4 x 2 sieves lol :rofl:
Sooo…
I slapped a manifold on the bottom of my collection and sieve. Everythings running properly now. Getting the flow it needs.

4 Likes