HTE Carts: Decarb?

Hi guys,

Quick question from Canada, does the company who make “HTE Carts” decarb their HTE before mixing it to their distillate? I know it sounds dumb, lol. I saw some people mixing it raw on IG, but you must need to activate the THC somewhere without losing terps by heating the HTE? I have a very good HTE source and plan to start making those kinds of carts since cannabis-derived terpenes is very rare here. I know I heat the “sauce” when I do my carts, but I keep it low, I dont think that do the job (decard). I am a little confused here lol

Thanks

The main reasoning behind decarb would be so the thca doesn’t re-crystallize on your glass cartridge.

Hopefully wherever you are sourcing your hte is crashing out most of the thca, that said, each batch is likely to be different.

Depending on your scale, testing each batch could be economical. Or a blanket decarb on all incoming Hte.

I would also guess that your decarb times would be shortened considerably, low levels of thca and all.

1 Like

Shouldn’t need to do that at all. You are mixing in 25-30% HTE to disty. What thca in there won’t have a chance to drop out. And the atomizer will “activate” it when you take a hit anyway.

Mix and enjoy.

10 Likes

However those conditions seem perfect for making cbd crystallize

4 Likes

They absolutely would.

3 Likes

Thank you all, exactly what I was thinking, you dont decarb it. I plan to buy a homogenizer anyway to be sure nothing crash.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on the perfect conditions & what steps to prevent cbd crystallizing?

Thanks, trying to learn.

Search results for 'cbd carts' - Future4200 should hit that

2 Likes