How to Turn Shatter Into Diamonds or Sauce

But does it have to be god damn butane? That shits nasty

You must be smoking stuff with high ppm levels.

1 Like

No it isn’t nasty, that’s your perception of it. It’s a clean gas that if removed properly will not negatively impact your smoking experience. With only 14g to work with, if I were you I’d just stop and not even waste the time and effort and money it will take to do anything with that oil bro. Do you have a vacuum oven? Or even a vacuum pump? To safely remove whatever solvent you use? It just feels like you’re about to ruin perfectly good shatter going down a rabbit hole over 14grams.

29 Likes

What about redissolving in pentane?

Bho is tasteless and odorless. Back in the day my wooks would be dabbin goop straight out the pot! It’s not nasty, just gotta purge right.

6 Likes

Will Only Decarb if you go above 140 degrees I personaly wouldn’t take it above 100 … put your shatter in a Jar and Cap. The terpens have def been dissolved tho so you will never get Actual diamond but you will be able to turn that shatter into a much better Sugar Wax . I just did this with 7 gram of Shitty Shatter. Turned it into a very NICE sugar. it brings out the remaining Terps and starts to smell so much better Try er out

2 Likes

Turning shatter into diamonds into impossible? Hmmm

1 Like

I’ve just always hated the smell from filling torches and lighters. I’ve fortunately managed to avoid getting BHO that was just butane soup

THANK YOU. This is the exact advice I was looking for. About how long should I expect it to take?

3 Likes

Should only take about a week. You will see changes after only a day or 2. Make sure to NOT go to hot tho you risk alot of things going to Hot. I set the jar by my fireplace and when I say By I mean about 6-8 ft or so from it. Also make sure your lid has a GOOD seal or you will end up loosing your remaining Terps. Good Luck

1 Like

The pic is my end result it was the Hardest brittle Shatter with NO Smell and the Taste O Man let’s just Say it wasn’t my Fav lol … But Now She a :fire: Sugar and when you Open the Jar the smell hits ya right away

1 Like

When you say hot pentane, what temps are you using? I heard of someone catching fire through static charge from their cheap nitril gloves using pentane. Appreciate the safety advice.

2 Likes

do it in a pressure vessel. go to 40 or 50c if you like.

1 Like

This is the progress after 48 hours. Test run - Album on Imgur

Used an old live resin jar with small diamonds left in it to “seed?” and hopefully help it along. The powdery stuff in the picture with the unmelted material is champagne wax which tested at 72% thca and I threw in just for the fuck of it.

1 Like

looks good! you’re on the right path for sure. You want it to turn liquidy like it did in that first pic. As long as you keep it closed and on heat, it should definitely sugar up for you. The sugar/apple sauce consistency is honestly my favorite

2 Likes

How long will it take to get liquidy? Despite the few small diamonds forming, it actually seems to be thicker than when I started? Not sure if that’s normal, but that’s what it looks like so far. I have a larger batch going with only 1 strain in it to see if that will work better, but the pics provided were just from grams mixed together that I had already dipped into(figured it would hurt less when I eventually fuck it up).

For anyone wanting updates. Took pictures today for the first time in two days(got distracted and didn’t take pics yesterday) and wow is it really starting to bloom around the edges of the jar.

This is at 96 hours under varying temps from 100-125 in an immersion circulator. I got anxious and fucked with the temp a lot and it’s resting at 105 now. Gonna leave it there to finish up for another 3 days or so checking in every day.

Additionally, I was wondering if this wouldn’t be improved by using a deeper water bath to heat it? Like say a 15 gallon Home Depot bucket instead of a 6 inch deep bath. My thinking is at the increased depth it will exert much more pressure on the jar and encourage better and faster growth. Any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

2 Likes

Hello! @StoneD @GroovyOctopusLabs regarding using pentane for thca re-crystalization of shatter. This seems to be the same process for isolating CBD from decarbed hemp. What would happen in a solution of CBDA, THCA. Would one precipitate out before the other? Or would the THCA precipitate out first, as having a higher affinity for crystallization over CBDA. Or would they both crystal up?

I don’t use Pentane. I only read around that Pentane is used for re-crystization. @StoneD would know.

2 Likes