How to remove a stripped screw?

From the above pic, that’s super easy

Dremel a - slot for a standard screwdriver
Insert screwdriver into slot you cut into the screw head.
Remove

Easy peasy

I could almost fix that thru my phone

6 Likes

I think hes asking if anyone on here near MA can do it for a reasonable fee. he doesnt want to hire a mechanic because of the nature of the machine. Id do it if it was near me, I can do auto repairs and build rc stuff fixing an m4 screw is nothing. Telling the customer to do it is like when you buy a brand new car and they tell you to fix it yourself.

3 Likes

That looks like a “tig some wire to it” solution. The less tool-intensive option there is to cut a slotted head in it with a dremel and take it out with a straight screwdriver

2 Likes

I’ll be at camelback mt resort feb 14-19.

2 Likes

This exactly, and not the level of customer service I expect from myself.

Going to try this route tomorrow.

Back in my days of slinging RF all over the world, I had services I could call up and have a somewhat technically competent tech as remote hands and eyes. My google-fu is just failing me, or everything is targeted to the defense sectors.

2 Likes

Hi,
Have them use this, it has tools small enough for your m4 cap head, the ones from lows or hd are usually for 1/4 stuff and up. It is on amazon so it should show up quickly.
https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Broken-Damaged-Remover-Fastener/dp/B08BJ1V97G

1 Like

Make sure you buy a quality screw extractor kit. A wallyworld or a harbor junk quality uses low grade steel. Not all tools are created with quality metal.

I’m a mac/snap-on/craftsman kinda guy.

3 Likes

I’m in Northern Maine, love the opportunity to get out and lend some support… Lmk definitely can do

4 Likes

ohhh, I know the rape van well…There’s a reason they don’t put windows on those things!

9 Likes

Yeah, I had a 6k snap-on bill. But I worked 80+hrs a week pulling in 2500 a week easily. I didn’t have time to hit up sears or the like. So a tool truck was my only option at the time.

6 Likes