How to properly use a diamond miner / pressure vessel

This is a making thc-a crystal tread
And you mean to say
Your ethanol is saturated with thc-a and any crystal dropped in that solution will not dissolve the crystal ?
Or you are extracting with ethanol and it s extraction power has lowered a lot ?
Thx

2 Likes

This test was preformed with 200 proof lab grade ethanol and 99.7% thca isolate, yes fully saturated to where isolate stopped dissolving in solution for full 24 hours, in regular ethanol extraction you end up creating a new solution with a variable of different saturation points based on the terpene profile of the plant and if you pull any fats/waxes during extraction

12 Likes

Found it. https://blog.restek.com/medical-marijuana-solvent-extraction-efficiency-–-potency-determinations-with-gc-fid/

It’s 15.73g/L they state

Thx for the effort
I have posted that research several times and
I disagree for it s saturation point is higher in my findings
But then again I am not an offficial accredited syntific lab

5 Likes

Yeah even as @TheWillBilly stated the warmer it is the higher the saturation point, I’m assuming -80 it would change quite a bit

2 Likes

more reading grasshopper.
scuttlebutt says you can move -70 ethanol with a $40 pond pump.
http://future4200.com/search?q=eco+633

can I ask which way you’re flowing the heat transfer fluid (HTF) into your collection.

it should be coming from the bottom, and looks very much like you’re feeding in from the top.

4 Likes

can you show a picture of the coils?

your description is ambiguous when applied to the 1k work substitute above.

one often uses coils in a jacketed vessel. one seldom runs coils IN the jacket. or plumbs them through the jacket.

you are correct here. if you haven’t fixed it…

Ive found most mag drive pumps (non submersible) will work for cold alcohol. I use a metal brewing pump with a stainless impeller housing. In this style the magnetic impeller is totally separated from the motor. They have them on amazon and lots of other places. This is where i found it originally from Australia. Its 25w and costs very little - A 65-100w of the same style would be a beast.

Tip: mount it nearest the top of the loop so when it pushes thru the coil gravity is helping. They have much slower flow if mounted lower.

Get one for the coil and one for the jacket. I havent done this but im thinking i need to. I only run the coil not the jacket.

I circulate denatured alcohol ($12/gallon at menards) thru copper heat exchanger coils submerged in DI slurry and i have a burp tank feeding the pump.

3 Likes

What temp do you throw it in at? For how long?

I don’t like makin diamonds, prefer makin geodes

2 Likes

Is the a way pm u on here ?

Yes….but only after you’ve hung around (and read) & participated for a bit…

4 Likes

Can I pick your brain on how to achieve big diamonds ?

I was trying to get a hold of a specific person to find out how I build big diamonds I have a closed loop system running butane/propane 70/30 we get nice clear liquid out of our crc after recovery it’s a nice amber colour we cold crash in a bucket of dry ice for 48 hrs and let them sit on the bench it’s about 89f in the days and cools off at nite and we can only seem to build sugar patties we’re pretty new at it so I’m not sure where we’re going wrong

Also we tried to build a miner and kept it at 15psi and after 2 weeks nothing and it was fire master kush so I’m at a loss as to what we’re doing wrong

Whatcha got

Mostly, don’t treat it like a jar. They don’t work the same in that aspect. Also, don’t use as little as you would in a jar, granted you could have a small one, but you’ll probably need a larger run. If it wasn’t before.

It also takes a little bit of practice to get the hang of it. If you mess up, just connect a hose and add a wee bit of butane to take the thca down again and start over.

9 Likes

…and I was letting you know that DM privileges require read time to acquire.

the two are not incompatible.

It def wasn’t that full I took off the bottom of the 6” tube I used to build the miner and left it in the open air and it build sugar but I want to build big diamonds like I see all of you do

Sounds like you released too much solvent too early

1 Like

So the more solvent the better ?
We have a prv set to 15psi or is that a incorrect pressure ?
I’m in Canada bc and it’s 42c here rite now and it’s just sitting in the shop I’m assuming it’s that hot or more fml
How do you figure out saturation and how much solvent is actually in there ?