How To Properly Purge a "High Terpene Extract"

Yeah, jar it up tight.

Just so everyone gets it completely, he doesn’t need to seed at all to get nucelation to happen, you have the ingredients in that jar already, am I right or am I right? Just wondering why everyone needs to seed if it’s already gonna take couple weeks that about the normal rate. I just making sure not to be confused myself. I know you know your shit. Basically what I’m saying is, if the jar was already sealed, he would have been better off to just left alone, he was worried about getting just plain sugar. That’s gonna happen no matter what. Just trying to make sure everyone else that’s new around here gets this… That nucelation happens seed or not… Just trying to make sure everyone that’s new gets everything is all

7 Likes

Why wait weeks for the same result? If your cryo fails to precipitate it’s own seed crystals, why not help it a bit?

Correct! I get completely, but some of us are no where near as educated as you guys, after talking with you I know you are very much more than me… But some ppl don’t even get the process at all and are just trying to get a Crystal to form point blank, a lot of them are getting the wrong impression I’ve been noticing about what’s really going on inside these jars, you’ll get to point A much faster than me, but I will cross the finish line too, might be the big guy at the back, but I’ll make it across, lol just trying to make sure though they get they have all the ingredients right there and some of them are not realizing this at all…

As far these methods…I consider these to be a more intermediate to expert level Tek of making sauce.

Sauce for dummies, …short purge, jar, 3 weeks done, no seed, time your best friend… My batches are In small amounts ,i imagine the more you have the longer it will take, I usually only make oz live resin at time… And in no way am I saying this is suitable to sell at state guidelines dispensary, but safe for me, I’d say so

Btw @Soxhlet thanks for all the help you’ve been to me, I really appreciate you taking the time you did with me helping me with my washing crystals issue, giving it shot soon, thank to ppl like you I’ve been able to expand my knowledge reassuring a lot of my assumptions and whats been passed to me, and here on the east coast that isn’t much!

6 Likes

You need a sugar crystal or diamond and you need 50 percent solvent 50 percent thc when starting the process after its done letting of gas seal in dark cool place for two weeks but before doing that drop a sugar crystal in its going to react like make sugar stick!! It keeps building diamonds if you wanna learn more go check out my brother bret maverk on instagram overvacjar on instagram thats his handle!!

I just ran my first attempt at diamonds with open blasting. I have since ordered a closed column and will be building that into a closed loop over time. However this first attempt has gone well and I’m ready for the final purge. I have seen some people saying to pull vac with no heat for 1-2 days. Others say just to open jar for 1-2 days. Then some say to pull vac with heat 80-85 degrees. I want to preserve the terps but also ensure a decently clean product.

1 Like

Pull vac to -15 to-20hg. Temp 75f to 85f. Time 2 days

2 Likes

Eh, I play with the vac pressure and duration for sure depending on the consistency.

When purging wet terpy diamonds I like to pour the jar into a pan and leave it at 75-80°f for 24hrs. After the 24hrs I’ll pull a vacuum after to -12 to -20hg and will try and keep it at whatever pressure I choose for 12 hrs minimum.

Sooooo many ways to skin the cat

3 Likes

Trying to purge an extract of a solvent while retaining terps will always result in a loss

Remove the terpene from the material first without a solvent

Then the cannabinoids and other crap the terp strip missed with a solvent.

Remove the solvent from the solvent extracted oil and add back terpenes.

uh, how? Surely you’re not suggesting steam distillation? Stuff smells like wet grass.

2 Likes

Was just about to say 86.6°f @-15Hg

You make it sound so easy

I think he is trying to give you an answer like Cheebachiefextracts would.

5 Likes

Why did you choose 86.6?

3 Likes

About half the boiling point of ethanol. I rounded up to 86.6. I usually use 86.6 for a week when or if I make eho.

Sorry deleted i have no idea how u remove terps without solvent then go back and fraction bho

I can fraction crc bho w solvents though and several different strips

Could always try my tek and maybe you guys wouldn’t be losing so much terps. Js.

Who ever said we were losing terps…

Ethanol and my terpenes do not mix. Fuck that

You do you though.

:call_me_hand:

10 Likes

I think ud be better off w a fan than heat for ethanol but then terps would still evaporate wouldn’t they …in ethanol that is

2 Likes

Boiling point of ethanol is higher than most if not all the terps we care about.

5 Likes