How to move up in the industry?

So I’m working out the back of a smoke shop and all I do is just mix blends of D8/HHC/THC-P/terps, fill cartridges and disposables and package them into counterfeit packaging from alibaba, DHGate, etc. I make a decent buck doing this under the table work for these habibis, but I want to move up and into a more professional environment. I have hopes to be able to open up my own smoke shop and sell products that I manufacture safely and professionally. Anyone got any guidance?

2 Likes

Hemp thca flower. :flushed:

1 Like

Fastest way to move up is to switch industries

15 Likes

Stakeholdersonly.com

1 Like

Until Marijuana is rescheduled and the hemp derived cannabinoid situation is resolved, it is going to be nearly impossible. You can take an entry level position, learn skills, then gain management experience. You will get a better title, and slightly better pay… but what is the point? The 280e is going to reduce the wage you make in a lot of more legal/professional situations and it will be very difficult for you to get a mortgage outside of a conventional fannie mae loan. The best way to move up is to marry someone who is related to someone that owns a cannabis business.

3 Likes

Instead of bootleg packaging, get more customer retention by creating your own brand and packaging. Encourage the habibis to put in a good word with their cousins and brothers shops, walk into places get more accounts, e commerce, Reddit, wherever else you guys push carts.

4 Likes

The real way to move up is to grow your skillset. Find a nearby legal state, talk your way into a job, show your a f’n savage and move up till you top out, then repeat. Eventually if you are 100% committed to playing the game you will move up. The key thing that is the hardest is to be self aware of how you show up everyday. I would honestly suggest getting into sales and customer service so you train yourself how to treat people to get what you want aka social skills. The main goal is to get out of the trap/heady/stoner mindset. Dont get high at work. Save it till after work.

You got this bro! :beers:

10 Likes

Would love some clarification on this term
In my European understanding
Habibi means loved one ( female) in Arab
Are commercially active Arabs known or called habibis?
Yust curieus :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Get a real job and do that on the side. No negativity meant.
That’s a great side hustle. Add it after work.

Pick a lane first. Manufacturing or smokeshop. Being a smokeshop that manufactures is a massive liability.

@Roguelab yes it’s slang for Arabs. Potentially taken negatively.

4 Likes

Thought so :upside_down_face: doesn t sound negative to me knowing the meaning in Arab

3 Likes

Describing anyone in America leads to discord. It’s just a safe bet to assume someone will take offense if it’s on this soil.

3 Likes

Pfff yes same here but what can I say
I call all sort of names and beeing called names as well not my intention to offend
Nor do I feel offended mostly
People should relax a bit

2 Likes

And you’ll gather first-hand information from the market, and be aware of the main demand and problems from consumers. It’s an excellent experience and market research before you open your own shop. :clap: