How to handle 'spam'

I agree, montels intern is spam as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

Alright, that’s an idea I can get behind. Might as well be a bot which I would call a spammer. I see on his post activity he stopped replying to posts a few months ago. Maybe give him a bit to read this thread and see what happens? If nothing and a new post happens I will silence him for a bit.

@TwistedStill YI appriciate your input and am not being stubborn here, just give me some links and facts and not just how you feel. Then we wont have to do this with every new ‘montel’ type poster, instead creating a universal rule to sotp all this kind of activity. Work with me duder.

6 Likes

Just have all vendors or people like him keep it one post.

And that’s being nice because I agree with @Franklin

2 Likes

The issue with that is there might be legit reasons to have two seperate posts. He has new topics, lets say he was ‘a part of the community’ and talking back and forth a single mega thread would be too long and messy and hard to track. Same reason we split the MoM posts instead of a mega.

If a vendor is selling a new product I get it. Like the kisss filler thread vs his capper thread. That makes sense, I get it.

Montel is spamming for attention and clicks, he doesn’t actually want input or conversation.

4 Likes

The content they provide is more geared towards custys, they don’t really add any knowledge to the forum qith their posts. Most of the content of their threads are members asking if it’s really Montel, so it’s not like people are really blowing their threads up and adding to the forum.

Not a lot of discussion going on.

2 Likes

This is it.

It’s/they’re just a montel shill…

2 Likes

There should now be a montel verification program

2 Likes

Same with the Chinese suppliers, nobody cares about their ads because most aren’t willing to publicly state prices.

Also I doubt anyone sees an ad by those folks and thinks woe I really need a merry go round now

1 Like

if he gets the Level 3 @Future actually goes to meet montel…

4 Likes

Win win

The suppliers I totally get, there is a template function that we don’t use that would give them fields to fill out, though there is nothing in place to verify they use it but the users. If they are unwilling to state a price, and they leave out that field then it’s spam.
As far as Promo posts go and advertizing my idea behind CannaBusiness was a place for businesses to go to advertize themselves. Anyone who hates that kind of posting should hide the category. Maybe Cannabusiness isn’t what I intended it to be, maybe a subcategory for advertizing is in order. I just need a clear 1 liner to tell the lvl3 and 4s so they know when to move a post.

And it cant be ‘when montel makes a post’
Maybe ‘If a user makes a post and doesnt engage, it goes in “Advertizing”’ and I hide that category by default.

2 Likes

i dont mind montel if he just kept it to one thread and called it like “keepin in real with montel episodes”

Starting a bunch of new threads for something no one is even talking about seems redundant…

6 Likes

Let’s go with that and hopefully everyone here should be happy. Any other accounts we want to call out for the same practice?

3 Likes

That’s a very good starting point. Make pricing info mandatory - that alone will provide much more transparency and drive away some of the annoying guys as well.

3 Likes

Chemchix, but I know that won’t fly. Lol

2 Likes

I’m happy with this.

4 Likes

I will keep my eyes peeled.

Gunning for that level 4…

2 Likes

Just make megathreads for each of these spammy type accounts. Merge the topics whenever possible.

1 Like

seconded

1 Like