How to handle 'spam'

Just make megathreads for each of these spammy type accounts. Merge the topics whenever possible.

1 Like

seconded

1 Like

Lets start with a gental reminder / suggestion (this is @Montel s)
Then do a merge with another reminder.
If it happens again then DM me and i’ll get to paddling.

1 Like

I don’t think Montel even looks at the replies. F4200 is a free billboard for them.

3 Likes

Thirded. Tbh, I think all members advertising should keep it all to one thread.

Edit: we already make the cart peddlers do it, so why is any other vendor/advert not held to the same standard.

1 Like

This is my take on @Montel

@Montel please read this thread and be a better montel.

Please.

(See how nice I’m being…)

1 Like

i misread that one but it made a tiny bit of sense for a few seconds with chemchix as the context

3 Likes

Gotta be some kind of line, like whether they have active threads or not with input.

1 Like

I thought it said gentile when I first read it. Word to @spdking

1 Like

So if someone comes in once a month to peddle wares, is a new thread each time ok?

I just think what’s good for the cart peddlers is good for Montel and chemchix.

Because I constantly see cart peddlers getting their hands slapped for new threads.

You should make an advertisement specific topic to post under, I don’t want to block all the threads coming out of cannabusiness.

But that would solve it for me.

1 Like

I’ve said it before. I hate all the sale/advert threads, which is why I made cannabusiness so we could hide it. This is the best method for managing posts imo. I think how active their last post was should dictate if they get a new thread or not, or if they are launching a new product. Bloggers/podcasters can do as @Killa12345 suggested and do a “Chillin with Monetl” mega thread.

I think a majority of these posts belong elsewhere, butyeah it’s become like cannaofftopic.

Well that’s my point, cannabusiness is treated as the catch all. As a result of that all the ads are posted there, but there’s still good stuff posted in cannabusiness from time to time.

1 Like

I know, and tbh, I hate them too, but I try to hide as little as possible.

I do think the mega thread is appropriate for members who post any kind of adverts on a regular basis.

And the two accounts in question right now post enough so they should keep it in one thread.

Me fucking too. I sometimes would like to poster the forum with new product threads but I fucking hate advertisers which is why I don’t do it really at all.

1 Like

Only if you promise to video it

2 Likes

Can there be an option when creating a new topic to select a box in a list of catagories to describe what your thread is about. So if I was not interested in cannabusiness or anything for sale I have the option to opt out of seeing all those type of topics leaving only the prime cuts on my screen.

5 Likes

In your profile settings you can select categories to explicity mute or watch.

I don’t think that was what you were asking though?

You have to choose 1 category when creating a new post, but tags are pretty much free game. Feel free to go to CannaBusiness and move some posts to better categories. like this SOLD: OK Property and License for sale belongs in Classifieds For Sale

1 Like

Thank you :rofl:

1 Like