How to get cbd distillate to crystalize faster?

When we buy a liter of 90%+ cbd distillate, we like to melt it down and pour it onto parchment paper to crystalize in flat pancakes. It’s much easier for us to use this way by breaking chunks off as we need it (rather than digging it out of the container with a screwdriver). Sometimes the wait is painful (2 weeks+). Is there a way to speed this process up? I tried the freezer but it doesn’t seem to help much. Thanks for any help

2 Likes

Lower it s ph should make that happen
Since t41 treated cbd distillate crashes out super fast don t know wich acid I would recomend thou
@Photon_noir @qga @anon93688 @Krative

1 Like

Gotta be careful with acids and CBD. Maybe treat it with t-41 but I wouldn’t add an acid directly. You can get CBD to crash pretty quickly by aggitating while dropping the temp

3 Likes

Did you try sprinkling some seeds on a fresh slab ? (Isolate)

3 Likes

are you looking to remain solvent free? Perhaps using a terpene as your solvent and baking it off could help. traditionally people are using pentane

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420 look at this thread and think about that whole discussion about how fast distillate will crystallize. This is in line with my experiences on the slowness of the process.

To answer your question OP, if you take the sheets and agitate the oil on them (for instance roughing it up with a fork), it will produce countless seed points and the parts you touched will crystallize way faster.

12 Likes

Dude you are AWESOME. Getting some serious results after 12 hours. THANK YOU

3 Likes

Glad you liked it! Hmu if you’ve got any other problems

2 Likes

If you ever need to scale up your crystallization process and need to isolate cbd from cbd distillate in under 30 minutes contact me for some consultation.

4 Likes

Will do, thank you

Sorry for the late reply I got a 3 day banner because of that lol

Yea I know eventually all cbd will crystallize on itself, I’d just never heard of it instantly in an spd or wiper.

I’m actually surprised my cbd stuff hasnt crystallized which was why I brought that above thing up.

Lol fork tek

4 Likes

Why not crash your CBD in pentane like the rest of us? Lol

OP is wanting to crystallize the distillate not turn to isolate. Just for ease of handling.

1 Like

stir the slabs every once in a while

edit: I crash out distillate after mixing terps for dabs at my shop. Stir stir stir and it’ll crash out in short time

2 Likes

I can provide an operating procedure that provides CBD isolate in under 30 minutes. Please email me at qgaconsulting@gmail.com to set up an introductory phone call.

X

OP is wanting crystallized distillate not isolate

Why would you want impure isolate? For “remediation services”?

1 Like

Immersion blender as it cools- locks up in minutes

2 Likes

Have a pic ? Sounds interesting