How to fix panda spinner spout

Hey anyone have a good way to fix the panda spouts they keep breaking on us? Just s quick fix to get some of these to work a little longer. Thanks

yep. there’s two posted here. both in “tricks of the trade”.

I don’t recommend the “panda in a mash-tun”.

no instructions on this one: just a 1k word substitute
https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/2X/7/7b8deab24d72f0d167af34ec73052cb3c1f808f9.jpg

of course you could buy a fuge that was actually designed for and rated for the task at hand. eg acespinner.com

2 Likes

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for!

Edit. The panda fix. Lol can’t justify spending that much. Washer machine would be my next upgrade maybe? Haha trying to get by to upgrade other things we deem more important. Haha panda works well

1 Like

Shameless plug :grin:

2 Likes

Broke at the screw inlet hole, so I Cut up a silicone mat to form a gasket, then further sealed with waterproof chemical rated epoxy, then… flex tape.

Super temp fix I’m gonna install a steel plate on the front and drill a new hole so I can mount a metal spout.

5 Likes

Not the prettiest fix, but it works for the pandas with completely broken spouts.
U need the lid in there or else the panda will drown.
I was at home depot and I needed the panda used that day. This works and has been working for 5 or 6 runs now. I save the new pandas for the fine filtering, all the broken ones are used for biomass

2 Likes

Sketchy af with the motor sitting above all the ethanol

2 Likes

This was my fix. the trick is to get the bulkhead as low in the capture bowl as possible to keep from creating a high lip inside that will pool ethanol. I also tilt it slightly to help it drain.

6 Likes

i want a white panda!!! lol all of mine are just shiny metal:p

1 Like

a stainless brew kettle bulkhead fitting and spout will be better than pvc like i did

Panda spinner spout fix tek incoming.

Materials are worth 1000 words

5 Likes

Sorry for the ugly caulk job folks. I’m a one man operation

4 Likes

looks steampunk AF lol :+1:

edit: If you ever end up swaping out the copper for stainless, id recommend a bulkhead fitting like this

you shouldnt have to use silicone on it

1 Like

I like it but I have a thing for copper…

Unless anyone wants to tell me why copper is a bad thing for this application>?

3 Likes

Coppers pretty and easy to work with

Regret i bought a White panda ( bought one of each) but had to pay like 430$ to get them to europe lol)

i was certain it would be stainless on the inside but its painted aswell, wont ethanol dissolve that slowly?

@square_root_pharms

I ran the white ones no problem.
@Badcookieextracts has it now.

1 Like