How to fix a clogged cartridge Blog

How To Fix A Clogged Cartridge?

If you use oil or concentrate cartridges, you likely encountered some cartridge clogs. When a cartridge gets clogged there is no airflow. Having a clogged cartridge will hinder its ability to produce its desired effect. If you have a clog, you can no longer use your cartridge until you fix it. But what is the best way to fix a clogged cartridge? At DMLift Inc, we have the perfect method for fixing clogged cartridges. Our method will work with a wax cartridge or an oil cartridge that will get you yp and running. With that said, make sure to clean your product to abide by safe practices.

How does a cartridge get clogged?

Many of you may be wondering how a cartridge gets clogged. If your cartridge has no airflow, it is impossible to use. This could be because of many factors. For example, it could be from discharging spit into the cartridge. It could also be a buildup of E-liquid. A cartridge also might get clogged if you leave it sitting for a long period. One of the most common reasons cartridges get clogged is due to storage. You should keep your cartridges away from liquid and store them at room temperature.

With that said it is relevant to consider that each type of oil concentrate has its viscosity level. This relates to the thickness of the oil. High viscosity oil concentrates are more likely to clog your cartridge. This is due to changes including temperature, pressure, and sun exposure. On a colder day, you are more likely to experience a clog. The viscosity of your oil concentrate becomes thicker in cooler temperatures. Think about it. What happens when you put maple syrup in the refrigerator rather than leaving it out on the counter. It becomes thicker and not so easy to pour. The same thing happens to your cartridges.

Distillates or oil concentrates are pulled from the vegetative material of a plant together through various extraction processes. In order to distill these compounds into their purest form, additional layers of refinement are required. This is a process known as fractional or short path distillation. It is known to produce single compound oils that can reach upwards of 99% purity.

With that said, the best way to prevent your cartridge from getting clogged is by cleaning it. If you use your pen without ever cleaning it, you are bound to experience a clogged cartridge sooner or later.

How to determine if your cartridge issue is a clog

So, how do you figure out whether we are dealing with a clog or something else? It is important to determine what is causing your clog. One way to determine if you have a clog

is by paying attention to the light on the pen battery. You know you have a problem when there is no airflow after taking a drag. The light on the pen will work, but there will be no airflow. This means that the pen is working. Yet, something is preventing the liquid from entering the mouthpiece.

What to do about a clogged cartridge?

At DMLift Inc we have designed the perfect solution for dealing with clogged cartridges. The DMLift Inc cartridge warmer will warm up both cartridges and our syringes/darts. Here is what you need to do. Screw the cart warmer to any 510 battery and insert a cartridge or syringe. Within seconds the oil concentrates or extracts will begin to warm up. That cartridge warmer will give an effortless experience with enhanced flavor. Heat is your friend. Cartridge clogs can be annoying. But a clogged cartridge is very common. This is due to the nature of the products. If you’re dealing with a clog, use the cartridge warmer to try to fix it. Save time and money by trying our product before opting for a new cartridge.

For more information, please visit our website by clicking here.

5 Likes

If it’s the old type pass a paper clip thru the center it will push the excess oil thats clogging it up out of the way.

2 Likes

9 Likes

a cartridge clogs for one reason.

Oil is thick when colld…when hot its thinner. The oil flows passed the coil when over hitting . The cold or hit its got glob that was never vapid away blocking the path

I usually work on my mix and fix this but…sometimes pppl hit to much or get to hot in pocket or car

6 Likes

I was having a real big problem with clogs and flooding last batch. even ascents were having gobs pop out of the mouth piece near the end. turned down terps from 7% to 5%, cut out the microwave for a heaty pad and switched hardware to one where the post doesn’t run open top to bottom. having better luck now but man was it a killer for a while. I still get clogs but the kind you can preheat through.

2 Likes

The clogged oil is the 22% unknowns. It’s safe.

10 Likes

Thats a good idea.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Lawson’s creek

I think the temperature and intaking hole size for your cartridges if suit for the oil or concentrate, I think it is the most important reason for clogged.
Temperature is easy for solved, can choose the battery with pre-heat function.
But for the intaking hole size is consistent for a kind of cartridges, this requires repeated testing to obtain an optimal value, So a qualified supplier and R&D team is the best choice.

1 Like

A free paperclip with every cart. Carts clog because people abuse them. They let them bump around in their pocket, they leave them in a hot car, they let it roll around in a purse and when they can’t get it to draw they double down and suck harder and then wonder why a bead of distillate is in their mouth. Distillate is damn near solid at room Temps and damn near water when heated. If you created a device that looked like a large thumbtack but a longer spike with a blunt end and a rouund disc at the top with a logo and called it a cart saver you would sell a ton.

Clogs are in the mouthpiece nearly 100% of the time. Clogged apertures would nearly immediately be warmed up. Anyone using less than 2mm aperture holes doesn’t know what they are doing anyway.

Seriously, no one’s mentioned the golden rule to clogged carts??

4 Likes

Uggh I wish people wouldn’t, just makes the problem worse. Quick little poke problem solved. Blowing works better than sucking.

169 posts were split to a new topic: Live resin distillate carts: true in labeling?

yes, for thick oil, I think it need at least 3mm

1 Like

no “True Live Resin” is different than “Live Resin”, sorry…

4 Likes

Feeling left out?

I don’t understand what splitting a topic means. But in the past month this post has been split twice.

Some carts clog at the mouthpiece and some at the coil it seems

1 Like

Clogging at the coil mostly happens when the intake holes absorb too much oil, but the heating element doesn’t atomize them enough (Or because of the heating area). It clogs on the airflow holes when the oils cooled down

So I think we either get a Pre-heating battery or make the intake oil sizes smaller. So the oil in the coils can be atomized fully.

I don’t intend to ad some posts here, but our BBMesh ceramic coil had a large heating area, and can heat up the oils more evenly on the heating surface.

For more details, pls check out my Thread on BBTANK's Latest BBMesh ceramic coil utilized on IRY POD had been launched!

1 Like