How to find a disty guy

damn you dont like @qma… LOL shots fired!

8 Likes

Oh I didn’t know he was from my state.

@qma no harm intended lol. I didn’t even realize you were from here.

2 Likes

hes sorta like a neighbor… he live like 4 miles away! i dont think i met a FL future member i didnt like yet! most are very similar with similar upbringings

a lot of people just dont understand how wild it really is here…

5 Likes

I moved from Wisconsin to FL with parents, I was 16 when we moved so obviously had to go with parents, and from there I learned who to trust, who to work with, what to do, etc.

People here tend be to shadier than most in Wisconsin

2 Likes

1in-from-the-government-and-im-here-to-help-imgflip-com-52392519

14 Likes

This you? Here to help?

Look at the absolute sheer pain in this mans eyes.

He looks like an alcoholic. Poor dude, this what happens after you sell your soul to some Chinese.

2 Likes

Certainly is a slice of paradise!

6 Likes

dry trim use a crc and make a product that looks and taste like live resin. Call it loud resin

BTW if the trim isn’t that old just make sugar sauce unless ur color is so dark its unappealing and taste so bad. Then id crc it and make an appealing product again

Lustermax for ur mids and w1 for ur FF and fire. If u dont have lustermax go w w1

W3 works great for old ass trim thats super dark

3 Likes

Turn on the oven, leave it open and set in front of it with a blindfold on and earbuds in. Play coastal recording loops. Ez pz you have a florida in your kitchen.

9 Likes

Lol distillate… sure… that’s the best fam

2 Likes

Well I’ve found a local guy, but I don’t know what an average yield looks like for disty. He sent a screen of his last client’s results, which was 6%. So for every 100 grams of material that went in, 6 grams of distillate came out. This is before splits. Is this average?

Can you clarify on

What type of material? Went in to what? Came out of what? More info needed

2 Likes

I don’t have any details. I’m uninformed on the distillation process. The screen reads
“6,675g Biomass - 400g Wax Return (%6)”

I believe the ‘wax’ is refined, clear distillate. What else could it be? Asking seriously, not sarcastically.

So the 6700g is most likely trim.

400g “Wax Return” could mean anything honestly, but “Wax” does not and should not ever mean clear distillate.

Yield depends on multiple factors — starting material, distillation process, etc. I’m afraid you probably wont find any answers given the information provided. But that doesn’t mean you can’t ask your guy some additional questions — At the very least, ask to see a picture of the end-product to confirm that he’s actually making distillate and not something entirely different.

2 Likes

do some damn math…

lets imagine that 6675grams of biomass was trim at 10% THC (not an unreasonable concept). how much THC did he start with (we’re doing a “mass balance” here, pay attention)?

0.1 x 6675g => 667.5 grams of actual THC

ended up with 400g “wax”. let’s pretend that means 400g of decent (90% THC) distillate. how much THC is that?

400g x 0.9 => 360g THC.

so your “guy” got 360g/667.5g ~ 54% of the available cannabinoids. (we’re guessing here, it could have been 7% trim).

compare the numbers above to “average”…

sure, but you know how to find out right? (use the *&^$#&$@# search bar!!)

eg: Search results for 'distillate yield' - Future4200

my take is your “guy” isn’t doing his primary extraction particularly efficiently…but without knowing the potency of their input and output, we’re just spit balling here.

10 Likes

Uhhhhhh…. Distillate really is the best for gummies. Gummies that taste like weed are gross

5 Likes

Brah. Bho gummies! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

50% from crude is almost always a guarantee, usually higher but in 8+ yrs of making distillate ive only ever gotten below 50% 3 times and it from the worst of the worst material. Almost impossible to predict yields based on bio mass, so much easier doing from crude to figure out the math.

7 Likes

Still barely worth the effort but still looks pretty.

10 Likes

The only way it makes it worth it when people pay a good price for a premium product! I still sell my carts for 30-40 a pop and gummies for 3$ per 50mg because no other product compares! Ill sit on my distillate before I sell it for a BOOFED ass 3k a liter price !

If your reading STAY OUT OF THE DISTY GAME ITS A JOKE.

Better to stay away from this part of the industry aint no money to be made cause junkies want to cut shit and drive the price down!

(sorry rant over)

4 Likes