How to filter topics by thread?

Hello all,

I’m trying to figure out how to filter posts from appearing in my dashboard via thread tags. I don’t want to see anything tagged as “lore”, “flamethread”, “drama”, or anything that isn’t going to help me learn, but I’m not sure how to accomplish that or if the site supports something like this. After reviewing the Rules and FAQs, I wasn’t able to find anything that would explain how to do this. If I missed something, just point me in the right direction and I will ask for this thread to be deleted/closed.

Additional rider attached to this post:
Any mention or advocacy of driving or operation heavy equipment under the influence should be a bannable offense. Legality aside, it’s highly immoral, and there’s no benefit to the site in allowing this type of discussion. For examples, see the dab rig thread.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Coffee. People drink way too much and drive. Most stoners are not a risk. You seem fragile

4 Likes

@qma comment?

2 Likes

Could you please point me to a peer reviewed study that was not commissioned by the us government or the medical association, that smoking weed and driving is bad.
I’m not saying it isn’t, I’m saying show me.
Because I’ve seen several recent ones(after medical and legalization) that said it doesn’t effect people’s driving ability and coordination and response time

5 Likes

go to preferences, TAGS

add those tags to “muted”.

and make sure you put that damn @cyclopath on silent, or you’ll never learn anything.

12 Likes

Here are several peer reviewed studies which support (as recently as 2015) the preponderance of opinion that marijuana use impairs decision making and psychomotor response, and it’s prevalence in car crash victims. Many of these studies are highly cited and you can check the references sections for even further support for this. Additionally, please explain how commission by “the medical association” or the government has any impact on the ability of scientists to accurately report the results of an experiment where you have actually read and assessed the methods section of the paper. I wasn’t able to find the full text of two of these, since my institution does not provide for the download of the documents i am viewing, but you can read the full text of the rest of these and exercise your good judgement in determining the validity of these experiments.

drvp-liguori1998.pdf (914.2 KB)
Addiction - 2015 - Huestis - Deterring driving under the influence of cannabis.pdf (74.4 KB)

I was not able to find the full text of this article for free, and my institution does not provide downloads, but they mention correlation of 7-10ng/ml being comparable to a BAC of 0.05%.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.02009.x

I await the dishonest nitpicking of these sources by forum users to protect the false and damaging assertion by some cannabis advocates that marijuana products do not impair driving ability.

@trust_level_4 please close this thread, question has been answered. Please also split topic regarding marijuana use and driving ability.

I don’t think these papers are likely to support your position the way you think they will.

The authors seem well aware that cannabis use before driving is not always equivalent to impaired driving.

If you don’t use cannabis I can see how this might seem incredible to you. Perhaps talk to some daily users to learn

2 Likes

Maybe you should read the papers, particularly the part where it says that mean braking distance was increased and the part where THC positive drivers were statistically more likely to cause a fatal car accident.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Did you just start smoking?

I think you may want to find a different website.

Taking a road dab now, just for you…maybe even 2…

2 Likes

More likely than sober drivers? Or drunk drivers?

2 Likes

Cut the guy some slack guys he’s new around here

:rofl:

Welcome to the community! Thick skin is a must around here

2022_04_27_0nb_Kleki
Mystery solved

6 Likes

Not that it matters, impairment is impairment, but if you had read the paper then you would be able to make this determination.

I’ve driven sober, drunk, and high.

From easiest to hardest:

1. Sober
  2. High
  3. Drunk

Do you need a research paper for this really?

2 Likes

I await your peer reviewed findings to support this theory.

Once my “Is Running Faster than Walking” study is finally published - I’ll move onto this.

6 Likes

Still loling

Still stoned

Still driving

4 Likes

There’s no point where any of the researchers (in the 2007 paper) (added later) match your confidence that driving with THC in a persons system causes impairment and causes accidents. In fact they say the opposite when they state that a zero tolerance policy will cause issues for non-impaired drivers.

I think that when you say “under the influence” what you mean is to say is impaired. When people in this industry are “under the influence” it does not always mean that they’re impaired

3 Likes