How to distill solvents

currently not chilling the recovery tank, I was under the assumption with the pump i wouldn’t need to since it is active instead of passive, but i am so new to this so im probably wrong. Thanks for the info btw

operative word being need

doesn’t mean it won’t help.

if you want your coil empty when you’re done, valve it off between the pump and coil, and heat the coil & cool the tank. ice and rm temp will do the job. if you look at the coils on some of the larger professional rigs you’ll notice that they are elevated and designed to gravity drain.

3 Likes

I sold my trs for that exact reaaon. It runs so hot it blowns through alot of dry ice. I got a cmep amd can do twice as much if not more on the same amount of ice as before.
Your tank should be somewhat cold at the end of the run due to your coil. When the run is over place coil in bucket of hot water and passivly recover the coil into the tank. The tank will be colder

3 Likes

@BigChefTony bingo ^^ what cyclo said

1 Like

Thanks for all the helpful info everyone. Funny after reading this I asked the gentleman who sold me the trs21 if there were any better pumps. He told me to just add another trs21 pump in line…

2 Likes

If you already have a trs21. Then thats the next logical option unless your going to buy a cmep for twice as much.
2 trs21 is the same speed as a cmep. Just quadruple the heat output is the downside (cost of keeping coils cold on the trs21 twice as much with only 1 trs vs a cmep)
I know people running multiple trs21s. They like the fact that they are cheap. And if 1 breaks they have all the others still running. I wouldnt go over 2 trs21… Like i said the only logical reason to have 2, is because you have 1 already and enough for 1 more but not a cmep

2 Likes

makes sense when you guys put it that way, thanks.

1 Like