How to distill solvents

Pics You post easyest by phone
Reply right corner You see a line with an arrow on top click on that and go from there

run the pump to move the gas vapor from the collection to the recovery tank. Place the bulk solvnt tank in hot water.

1 Like

Start from the top
Temp of butane When administered
Jacketed blast tube?
If so what is in the sleave ?
Any knowlidge of how much butane You filled your blasting tube with (weight scale)
Collection pot at what temp
Recovery line not connected to a diptube port ?
All valves open on the recovery line ?

2 Likes

Hè is Reading 40 psi i collection pot !
Should be enough right ?

It is now starting to come out more. It was just taking forever and this is THE first time Im doing this. Popping the cherry.

Thanks for helping me out!!!

From here I run my recovery pump to my bho solvent tank and I should be able to get rid of the mystery oil correct? I should heat my collection pot correct?

Your on the vapor port of your solvent tank correct ?

So No biomass (cannabis ) in the system ?

Yes I will double check to make sure Im going to my vapor port. No this is a dry run and no material is in the system

1 Like

as you boil the gas out of the tank it will begin to freeze, hot water negates this.

Well there i got to be something set wrong
Sight glass on collection pot ?
Is iT boiling bubbels ?

Soxlet is right about that and the ice formed on the outside of collection pot is hard to see so feel iT with your hands

2 Likes

Warm water son

If your gonna use just ice. You need to remove the water and add a shit ton of kosher salt. This is going to be a major pain in the ass with that gas combo and no dry ice.

As others said you need to get your source tank on warm water to prevent that tank from freezing over and then giving you no pressure.

Also hot air rises. Most of your collection tank that is above water will be where your gonna have the issue.

8 Likes

Butane has a boiling temp of -1C meaning Any colder than that and iT Will stay a liquid
Ice water is at around 4C
The evaporation of the butane creates cold or extracts heat
So the pot is most probably already way below 4 C
Making the. Vapor pressure of the butane low
So ollection pot in warm water+_ 37Cor 100 F

1 Like

The problem is he is using a tri gas blend which has a much lower boiling point.

4 Likes

Ok hold iT how or what are You doing

If You want to recover gas from collection pot to vapor tank by means off temperature diffrance the vapor tank should be in ice and the collection pot in warm water that is beeing kept warm since the boiling solvent Will cool your warm water quit quick

3 Likes