How to deep clean Bizzy Bee Extractor?

At the bottom of my separator column there is some kind of residue or film that wont come off no matter how much tane I run through it, what can I use to clean that off that wont scratch the metal or contaminate the machine?

1 Like

Have your tried other solvents and direct scrubbing? Alcohol would be my first go to. Depending on the residue other items like pentane, water, limonene, and alconox are out there.

4 Likes

Warm ethanol will take care of most residue, acetone will forsure just make sure you clean it well after

3 Likes

Separator column meaning, honeypot/collection column?
That residue can only be either hash oil or mystery oil. Either way, if its inside the collection vessel, next time you do a top off just isolate the column with butane in it and heat it up and let it reflux. It should dissolve the oil or whatver. It will harden up again if you dont pour it out wet or clean right away. Idk if that makes sense to you. Sorry brother took a fat rip of the puffco and reading this so yean. Good luck.

5 Likes

Have you tried isopropyl alcohol or ethanol?

I’ve had good luck cleaning the columns on a BZB using a Hoppes rifle cleaning kit, had to buy 2 of them to get the depth I needed for my hex rack. They have stainless spiral cleaning tools that work well. Don’t remember offhand what bore size it was but it was bigger than .22 IIRC.

Pics?

1 Like

is this a troll post?

use etoh or iso…

honestly sketch that someone is running a bizzy bee but cant even think how to clean it?

4 Likes

warm ethanol

Plenty of inexperienced people run all sorts of systems. Just because you know how to turn some valves and follow a procedure taught by someone more experienced does not mean you understand the basics of cleaning a system or the different characteristics of solvents.

3 Likes

Not one person? Hot piss is the best.

2 Likes

Ethanol was my thought but I figured I’d ask people on here first, only thing is I was told to not disconnect the water lines so I can’t totally take off the bottom piece, it’ll kinda just hang there so I could scrub it with ethanol but I wouldn’t be able to actually wash it out and leave it to dry so that’s why I’ve been hesitant

I tried that already and it didn’t get rid of the residue. I was going to take it off and scrub it with ethanol but I was told to not disconnect the water lines so I won’t be able totally detach it, it’ll kinda just hang there. I’d be able to clean it with ethanol but I wouldn’t be able to wash it out with water and leave it to dry so I was curious if there was another way

I’m asking because I was told to not disconnect the water lines, so I wouldn’t be able to totally take the bottom piece off. I was going to use ethanol but i would want to wash it out with water and leave it to dry after doing so, which I can’t do because I can’t disconnect the water lines so i was curious if anybody knew another way

@BizzybeeTeam is most likely to give you the best answer.

2 Likes

As previously mentioned, ethanol is a great option for cleaning residue that may build up in the machine. Running warm water through the jackets will help to speed up this cleaning process and will also help to evaporate the ethanol afterwards. After squirting out the ethanol, pull a deep vacuum on the column and you shouldn’t have any contamination issues. Feel free to reach out if you need any further help with this: Billy@bizzybee.com (206) 818-4775

4 Likes