How to choose RIGHT mold suit for Gelatin and pectin gummy

Regard different molds polish or un-polished, as manufacturers, we made out two help you distinguish between two molds and their gummy make out pictures.
The test mold in the picture is of relatively small size, and the ordered mold is half sheet silicone platinum mold.

If you had tested different gelatin and pectin for your gummy, please leave your comments and let us improve it together. Wish this topic will help others when choosing molds.

1 Like

The fake “CGI” gummies in the photos made me LMAO!!! Photoshop is funny when used poorly. Edit: OP says it’s hard candy so I guess real…

My running theory is that it’s just dyed epoxy resin

3 Likes

I use to make rifle stocks and pistol grips using silicone molds and casting urethanes, you can definitely get them in any color

1 Like

If you view full three pictures, will not think that he is a fake after PS processing, all of these are real photos, but if make photos by phone will happen under a shaking hand. This is fast curing resin like hard candy poured in, so that customers can shorten the time to see the effect of the mold.

1 Like

Yes. epoxy resin it is. It is helpful to quickly check the display effect of some special bumps on the mold, as bellow pic is the real effect by customer.
Of casue, he choose polished mold surface finnaly.

1 Like

Yes, maybe here many guys are experts in candy making, so the focus is on color, but this post is about analyzing and showing un-polished and polished surface on gummy / candy / chocolates. Wish it help some one make judgments in short time. If have more energy, I would focus another thread on sharing more test photos and experiences about the resin. thanks for your care.

1 Like

Blockquote

After our manufacturer 5 years of customer experience proved (2018~2023), any kind of special color including Rose cloor, raw materials from different source manufacturers proved that they are just a difference of color additives, other than that, transparent color molds will be the optimal choice.

1 Like