How to advertise?

I was just wondering if any of yall would like to share your advertising strategies?

I am a small fish in a large pond…any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Im interested to hear from wholesalers aswell as retailers pertaining to all things hemp.

1 Like

What do you sell? May factor in to it

2 Likes

What are you trying to sell, what market are you in? There’s a bunch of questions I’m sure you’re going to be asked. I see quite a bit of marketing on IG, and FB (in the various groups). Advertise here if you’re at the manufacturer level. Have people write up reviews in trade for trying product. Definitely your own website.
These are just things right off of the top of my head. I’m not an advertiser, and I don’t have any direct experience with this. All I know is what I have seen on the various platforms

3 Likes

At the moment only D8 gummies and seltzer. I want to branch out but, I am against vapes and sprayed flower

1 Like

I am in South Carolina.
Currently building a website. My infancy if you will.

1 Like

Do you have a website? How do people order from you currently?

Drugs kind of sell themselves. I’m curious to hear what responses you get, I would imagine its largely a matter of exposure. D8 being semi legal ? you can go where the people with money are. My state has some reasonably large cannabis smoking centric facebook groups; maybe find “influencers” in these types of spaces, pass off free samples that can be tied back to you easily for ordering, and ask them to put honest reviews (or pay for or whatever some people do) showing the packaging/branding or linking back to you in some way.

2 Likes

You’re already selling D-8 why are you against carts?

2 Likes

Give the stores that carry your products giant window clings that say “legal highs sold here” with your company logo. Should get the name out there quick if your not worried about the legality of d8

3 Likes

Ok - you need to really know what they’re gonna ask BEFORE they ask. Almost get yourself a cheat sheet made. If you’re talking D8 here’s what they’re gonna ask ASAP.

COAs (duh), chain of custody (important to some), potency, which immediately leads into refund/testing policies for larger buyers. This shit is hot lava right now so they want assurance they’re not going to be stuck with it should it be not up to par and incompliant. Good businessmen turn upset customers into happy ones with a ‘plan B’ should everything not be up to their requirements. I always have a ‘refund plan’ and for larger customers like to discuss it with them. Nothing will sour a relationship quicker than if you have a customer who feels like you’re trying to stick them on a 1-way road where only you benefit. Being a supplier makes you a de-facto member of every single team you sell to so keep that in mind. I don’t like being the weak link in my personal life and my business relationships so I try to keep that as one of my top priorities. Essentially you need to fuck them up with customer service. If you customer service is good then you’ll already be building trust and working relationships with people who will eventually be long term customers if they feel like you’ll go the extra mile for them. Another good thing that goes a long way in the hemp industry is working knowledge. If you know how to grow it AWESOME and can prove it? Fuck yes. Do it. That will go a long way in advancing your word. If you have working knowledge in extractions EVEN BETTER. You are able to answer the more complex questions with a degree of accuracy.

Long story short bullshit smells like bullshit and there’s so much of that in the hemp business (D8 and outside of D8) they can smell it from a mile away at this point. But…inversely…If you’re sincere and try to be a god honest asset to their team then you will be welcomed with open arms.

And lastly? AIM HIGH. AIM AS HIGH AS YOU CAN. FAIL. FAIL. FAIL AND FAIL SOME MORE. TAKE NOTES FROM YOUR FAILURES. ONCE YOU’VE FAILED ENOUGH AND HAVEN’T LOST YOUR SPIRIT TO AIM HIGH (My first plunge into the CBD business was a near miss 700 million dollar iso deal and then a 400 million dollar iso deal…neither landed and it was disheartening but I didn’t give up…good things have happened since) YOU WILL REMEMBER THOSE FAILURES AND SUCCEED.

Trust me or don’t but my aim toward things is that I want to be the dude you wish you had on your team…cept’ I play for everyone’s that knows me and treats me well. Approach this shit with love and respect and you’ll be good.

4 Likes

Honestly because of the stigma attached to vaping. I feel the local law enforcement would have a heyday.

3 Likes

Shit they may have a heyday with D8

3 Likes

Shit, I was advertising for others by just going to people advertising on IG and telling them that I can get whatever they want cheaper than they are getting it now (which isn’t necessarily a lie). And then I give them whomever’s info. Again, it’s what you want to do, an how…
Direct retail to customer, white label for some local companies (best option because it’s literally NOT YOUR NAME attached to it), or sell wholesale to distributors?
There’s a lot of angles, and you need find out which ones you want to work

3 Likes

Shit i’m running that angle, too. Works great

3 Likes

Want a job?
Pays nothing as of yet but, has the potential to get you arrested!

3 Likes

No thanks! That’s why I’ve been handing business over to others! Plus, I’m not really a salesman, I’ve just been trying to hook friends up if I can

2 Likes

Salesman die young of heart failure in hotels with Motley Crue blasting. I have accepted that I will be going the way of my ancestors

4 Likes